• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NCAA National Tennis Championship Thread

2 Wake players play each other today in the quarterfinals of the futures event in Winston, Petros and Solomon. With Wake having so many good players, this may become pretty common.

Petros with the easy win, 1 & 2.

Next up is the guy that played #1 for UVA when they won the 2017 natty, who also beat the 1 seed in the second round.

Last edited:
Petros with the easy win, 1 & 2.

Next up is the guy that played #1 for UVA when they won the 2017 natty, who also beat the 1 seed in the second round.

Petros beat the former UVA player (Ritschard), who had an 18 match pro win streak heading into the match with Petros. Petros was down a set and down in the second set tiebreaker, but he fought back and won the second set and then won 6-2 in the third set.

This morning Petros played Michael redlicki in the championship of the tournament. He is the older brother of the player Petros beat in the semi finals of the NCAA tournament. Petros won the first set but lost the second set 1-6. Petros was down 1-4 in the third set but had a great comeback and won the match 6-4. Petros just doesn’t know how to lose.

If he has a lot of success this summer, he may change his mind.

He could. But he is currently in summer school and has stated that he plans to finish what he started (school). He has stated this several times since winning NCAAs.

Dude hasn’t lost in months. I think he ended the year winning like 20 straight.

Mansouri vs. Petros in quarterfinals tomorrow, yet another all Wake matchup in the Winston's futures tourney.

Mansouri vs. Petros in quarterfinals tomorrow, yet another all Wake matchup in the Winston's futures tourney.

And Dempster-Seraphim beat Chrysochos-Mansouri in doubles to make the finals.

The GOAT (Petros Chrysochos) was just named the ACC Men's Tennis Scholar Athlete of the Year. This was the first time a Wake man has won this award. He had a 3.93 GPA last semester while smashing every record possible and dominating the NCAAs. GOAT.

Damn some donk professor musta given him an A-

Dude is so GOAT it’s not even funny.

I haven’t been following our tennis team for too long, but Noah and Petros are tied for my favorite tennis Deacs. Watching Noah’s year here is what got me hooked on Wake tennis

Back