• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated thru Wednesday
12 participants = $120.
$40 - Highest points total during group play
$80 - Highest points total at the end of the tournament

We conduct a supplementary draft after the group, incentivizing the drafting of players who you think will be there at the end.

RULES:

1 Point for appearing in a match
1 additional point for playing 60 or more minutes in a match
3 Points for an assist
4 Points for a Penalty Scored
2 points for being whoscored.com's Man of the Match
-2 Points for scoring an own goal
-2 Points for a Penalty Missed
-1 Point for a yellow card
-3 Points for a red card (if two yellows, then just the -3 points)

Goalkeepers
4 Points for a Clean Sheet
1 Point every 3 saves
8 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
-1 Point for every 2 goals conceded (-1 additional point if 5 or more goals conceded)
3 Points for a penalty save (does not count shootouts)
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed
-2 Points for committing a foul in the area resulting in a penalty

Defenders
4 Points for a Clean Sheet
6 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
0.25 Points for every tackle won
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed (no partial points)

Midfielders
1 Point for a Clean Sheet
5 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
0.25 Points for every tackle won
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed
1 Point for every 2 “key passes” – as judged by whoscored.com
1 Point for every 3 fouls suffered

Forwards
4 Points for a goal scored
1 Point for every 2 “key passes” – as judged by whoscored.com
1 Point for every 3 fouls suffered
1 Point for every 5 shots on target

Rules
Live snake draft (9am-9pm Daily, Two hour window to draft or a player will be picked for you)
16 rounds
Must have at least 2 Goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 forwards
NO restriction on number of players from a country
Formations allowed: 5-3-2, 5-4-1, 4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-3

Added:
Add/Drop until 11 am. Then rosters are locked until group stages.
Alternates work like we discussed earlier. They only come into play if one of your starters doesn’t see the field. Although you must maintain an eligible formation, or you will not receive points. You do not get to decide which alternate to put in, it goes Alt#1 and then Alt #2.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Supplemental Draft begins Friday @ 9 AM. You may replace up to three players, but only if they have been eliminated. Each player will have 30 mins to draft. Please post your phone number in the Google Doc (most already have) so that you can be texted when it is your turn. If you do not make a pick, you will be skipped and may draft anytime afterwards. Lowest scoring poster will go first, three round snake draft. If you want to draft less than 3 players please let us know so that we can skip through your later picks.

Add/Drop to follow. They are due by 8 AM on Saturday morning. Please PM which players you want to Add and Drop. First come, (time stamp in message) first serve. However once you are given your first pick, you will be moved to the back of the line. Also, I will not accept any Add/Drop messages until the supplemental draft is completed. I will do my best to have all Add/Drop selections finalized and approved by 9:30 AM on Saturday so if you make any, you need to be around at that time to set your final ROUND OF 16 Starting XI before the 10 AM match. Do not rely on other posters to remind you. if you don't set your lineup in time, your new players will not eligible in the upcoming round. I will take a 10 AM screenshot.

This will be the final draft and add/drop of the tournament, so choose wisely. After Saturday your rosters are final for the remainder of the tournament.

Last edited:
List of Players:

Brasky - DOC ACCESS
Biff - DOC ACCESS
BTB - DOC ACCESS
Zqglass - DOC ACCESS
Fayettnam - DOC ACCESS
TimDunk - DOC ACCESS
JusticeBork
Oblong - DOC ACCES
Vad - DOC ACCESS
Damo - DOC ACCESS
SD3/DV7 - DOC ACCESS
Manifest - DOC ACCESS

Last edited:
Spain's team announced. Morata, Fabregas and Marcus Alonso left out.

Spain's 23-player squad:

Goalkeepers: Kepa Arrizabalaga (Athletic Bilbao), David De Gea (Manchester United), Pepe Reina (Napoli)

Defenders: Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Nacho (Real Madrid), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal), Alvaro Odriozola (Real Sociedad), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)

Midfielders: Isco (Real Madrid), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Saul Niguez (Atletico Madrid), Koke (Atletico Madrid)

Forwards: Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo), Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid), Rodrigo (Valencia), Lucas Vazquez (Real Madrid)

throw in dv7 and cap it at 12 :p

125.gif

Manifest messaged me that he also wants in. So that's 13 if DV7 wants to play.

Next steps: I'll create a google doc and share it with everyone, so everyone needs to PM or rep me your Google address.
After that I'll send a Venmo request for $10 to each address (or another address or email if you prefer). If that doesn't work for you I can do PayPal. If that doesn't work for you, quit the internet.

Last edited:
I'm fine co owing a team if we don't want 13 and need to keep it at 12

Just throw me and dv7 together for now. I have his number and will let him draft unless he's not around

Back