• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

Invites sent to everyone, including damn again. Let me know if there are any issues.

Got the invite. Thanks

It looks like there are still 12 spots.

Again don't mind filling a spot or teaming with damo or tim. Just help me figure out whatever was decided

Looks like squads are all official on June 3. I'll fill a few out after that.

I think you got your [indirect] answer.

Saul Goodman, though, because we could always use more soccer threads.

I think in the past, we've had a separate thread for every group in the group stage, and then a new thread for each breakdown after that. THE NON-SOCCER FANS ON THE BOARDS LOVE IT!

I think in the past, we've had a separate thread for every group in the group stage, and then a new thread for each breakdown after that. THE NON-SOCCER FANS ON THE BOARDS LOVE IT!

Then let's give the people what they want!

Rosters are official, please start filling them in. Use the FIFA website to determine position (DEF, MID, FWD).

I've given Tejas his own team, so we're at 13 teams. ONW messaged me that he's out.

Unless anyone objects, I say we start the draft Thursday. That will give us over a week to complete the draft.

So far the following teams that have paid $10:

Brasky
Manifest
Justice Bork
Damo
Zqglass
Oblong Pickle
Fayettnam

I think. I'm having to match emails from Paypal/Venmo and your messages. If I missed anyone let me know. If you haven't paid, and want in, please play by Thursday morning.

Leroy Sane not in Germany squad is BONKERS.

Insanity. He should be on the team and starting.

He can only play on the left hand side - the same side Reus and Draxler already play (and both preferred by Löw). The only right sided player they have other than Müller is Brandt, so he has to go and that basically leaves Sane without a spot. Sane has also never looked good playing for Germany and does not really fit the way the team plays.'

He's a great player, but Germany has a ton of great players and Löw has the balls to not bring people just people of their name recognition. Sane not going is something of a surprise, but maybe not a huge one. Löw did break German twitter this morning though, as Sane is a player that definitely divides opinion.

He can only play on the left hand side - the same side Reus and Draxler already play (and both preferred by Löw). The only right sided player they have other than Müller is Brandt, so he has to go and that basically leaves Sane without a spot. Sane has also never looked good playing for Germany and does not really fit the way the team plays.'

He's a great player, but Germany has a ton of great players and Löw has the balls to not bring people just people of their name recognition. Sane not going is something of a surprise, but maybe not a huge one. Löw did break German twitter this morning though, as Sane is a player that definitely divides opinion.

My hot take. Germany are a great team with great players but almost everyone in the side is a little less dynamic than they were 4 years ago when they won it. If you don't integrate your young talent, you risk finding out in a major tournament that you're not the same team you thought you were, the way Spain learned painfully 4 years ago.

Leaving behind a dynamic and in form talent like Sane is nuts imo.

Yeah, I don't see it in this Germany team. QFs at best for me

Leroy Sane not in Germany squad is BONKERS.

My hot take. Germany are a great team with great players but almost everyone in the side is a little less dynamic than they were 4 years ago when they won it. If you don't integrate your young talent, you risk finding out in a major tournament that you're not the same team you thought you were, the way Spain learned painfully 4 years ago.

Leaving behind a dynamic and in form talent like Sane is nuts imo.

Germany's team is still really young though ... only Neuer and Khedira are 30 or older and most of the team is in the absolute prime of their careers (25-29). They were just crazy young when they won the last one. Müller is only 28, for example - same age as Kroos and Reus. Boateng and Hummels are 29, or basically the perfect age for defenders. And yes, Sane is great. So are Reus and Draxler. One of those 3 was going to have to get left at home since they all play the same position (the most loaded position in German football).

This Germany team is lot more like the Spanish team in 2010 that won it all with a team in the peak of their careers than the 2014 version that a bunch of guys in their 30s.

Yeah, I don't see it in this Germany team. QFs at best for me

The fullbacks are ass. Kimmich has not progressed and is a liability defensively and Hector should not be within 1,000 miles of a World Cup but somehow the entire nation of Germany forgot the left back position existed and nobody else plays there. If Germany doesn't make the semis, it will be because of those fullbacks or a backbreaking injury to someone like Boateng.

Germany's team is still really young though ... only Neuer and Khedira are 30 or older and most of the team is in the absolute prime of their careers (25-29). They were just crazy young when they won the last one. Müller is only 28, for example - same age as Kroos and Reus. Boateng and Hummels are 29, or basically the perfect age for defenders. And yes, Sane is great. So are Reus and Draxler. One of those 3 was going to have to get left at home since they all play the same position (the most loaded position in German football).

This Germany team is lot more like the Spanish team in 2010 that won it all with a team in the peak of their careers than the 2014 version that a bunch of guys in their 30s.

They're still incredibly talented and capable of defending their title but how many are as dynamic now as they were 4 years ago? I would take the 4 years ago edition of most of them at least from a physical stand point.

Back