• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

Leroy Sane not in Germany squad is BONKERS.

They're still incredibly talented and capable of defending their title but how many are as dynamic now as they were 4 years ago? I would take the 4 years ago edition of most of them at least from a physical stand point.

Maybe - but they have Reus this time (barring some last minute injury catastrophe) and Goretzka will provide more energy in the middle of the park, and while I don't rate Werner as much as some do - he's a massive improvement at the striker position. The fullbacks are really the only weak spot, and whether or not Neuer is actually healthy.

of all the sports threads with posts in the last week, this is the only one without anonymous childish snarky tags

makes you wonder!

that is much better
but that's not what your mom said
believe me, buddy

I've updated the Google Doc with who's paid by either Venmo or Paypal. If I'm missing anyone let me know. We also have a few rosters left to fill out, please get that done ASAP. Once everyone has paid I'll work with another poster to randomize the draft order.

Also does anyone remember how we did scoring last time around? That info would be helpful.

Germany's team is still really young though ... only Neuer and Khedira are 30 or older and most of the team is in the absolute prime of their careers (25-29). They were just crazy young when they won the last one. Müller is only 28, for example - same age as Kroos and Reus. Boateng and Hummels are 29, or basically the perfect age for defenders. And yes, Sane is great. So are Reus and Draxler. One of those 3 was going to have to get left at home since they all play the same position (the most loaded position in German football).

This Germany team is lot more like the Spanish team in 2010 that won it all with a team in the peak of their careers than the 2014 version that a bunch of guys in their 30s.
Reus probably dies in their first group game.

I've updated the Google Doc with who's paid by either Venmo or Paypal. If I'm missing anyone let me know. We also have a few rosters left to fill out, please get that done ASAP. Once everyone has paid I'll work with another poster to randomize the draft order.

Also does anyone remember how we did scoring last time around? That info would be helpful.
I might

The players scored points based on their performance in the soccer matches, IIRC

Personally I'm partial to the France - Germany Semi Final of the 1982 World Cup (or perhaps the Italy - Brazil game from the same WC). But this is a cool documentary with plenty of direct input from guys who were on the field by 442 on one of the greatest WC games ever played (England - Argentina 1998).

Are we certain we don't need a separate thread for the actual WC versus the WC fantasy league ?

Ill finish my rosters later today

I still need your PayPal info. Sorry if I missed it elsewhere or missed it in my inbox

Got it. Thanks:

1 Point for appearing in a match
2 Points for playing 60 or more minutes in a match
3 Points for an assist
4 Points for a Penalty Scored
2 points for being whoscored.com's Man of the Match
-2 Points for scoring an own goal
-2 Points for a Penalty Missed
-1 Point for a yellow card
-3 Points for a red card (if two yellows, then just the -3 points)

Goalkeepers
4 Points for a Clean Sheet
1 Point every 3 saves
8 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
-1 Point for every 2 goals conceded (-1 additional point if 5 or more goals conceded)
3 Points for a penalty save (does not count shootouts)
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed
-2 Points for committing a foul in the area resulting in a penalty

Defenders
4 Points for a Clean Sheet
6 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
0.25 Points for every tackle won
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed (no partial points)

Midfielders
1 Point for a Clean Sheet
5 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
0.25 Points for every tackle won
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed
1 Point for every 2 “key passes” – as judged by whoscored.com
1 Point for every 3 fouls suffered

Forwards
4 Points for a goal scored
1 Point for every 2 “key passes” – as judged by whoscored.com
1 Point for every 3 fouls suffered
1 Point for every 5 shots on target

Rules

Live snake draft
16 rounds
Must have at least 2 Goalkeepers, 4 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 forwards
NO restriction on number of players from a country

Formations allowed: 5-3-2, 5-4-1, 4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-3

Let me know if you guys wanna change anything. I'm thinking the we maybe shrink rosters from 16 to 14.

Am I the only one whose OCD is suffering looking at the 10 different formats on the lineups section of the doc?

I hate being me sometimes.

Am I the only one whose OCD is suffering looking at the 10 different formats on the lineups section of the doc?

I hate being me sometimes.

You are not alone.

What time are we starting the draft?

^ Feel free to change it to a universal font if y’all have the time.

I’m going to push the draft back to Friday at noon. Unfortunately I won’t be able to monitor much tomorrow. However I should have time to set up the draft order and finalize the scoring . Anyone want to volunteer to help me randomize the order?

is there a thread where i can chat about MY DANES and not read inane fantasy chatter?

Back