• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

That was me last WC - loaded up on young south american guys ... did not go well b/c all the SA teams had shitty performances

I won it in all in 2010 based on several key SA players and the Dutch boys.

You do have to get lucky and have some guys step up unexpectedly on the playing time side of things. And you do have to have a good number of guys who play deep into the tourney - semis are key.

Just went in and looked at 2014 results. Forgot I won then too - James and Mueller and all leading the charge.

I hold out much less hope this go round.

Last edited:
I'm out. Can't cut it with work tomorrow. Good luck to all. For fucks sake, pick some guys who aren't playing in Europe yet or aren't in the big leagues yet. There are a lot of really good players who will make their first marker in this tourney.

We can draft for you if you're not available at any given time. You can also send a few picks to the draft manager of guys you hope to have available to you. Really won't take more than 10 minutes per pick.

I'll be a game time decision. So keep me at 14 and if I don't make it, I don't make it.

The draft is also set up for you (and only you) to draft two players in a row every time you draft, which is ultra efficient.

Wait, is World Cup going to conflict with TBT Basketball ?

Not sure I can handle all of this.

Our 8th grade “promotion” ceremony starts at 12:15 so I may not be around for the start. Apparently it’s frowned upon for teachers to be on their phone the entire time. I’ll try to check in periodically.

I'm heading to a concert tonight, so I prolly will be out of commission from 8 pm on tonight, but I'll try to get a list to someone to draft for me.

I assume it will take some time to get through it? Maybe not.

Let's get this thing started.

We're not exactly off to a flying start.

We're not exactly off to a flying start.

I PM'ed Bork, it looks like he's online. Dunno what else to do. I can't freakin' wait around all day for him to make one choice.

Draft question - should we just cut and paste our player from the spreadsheet so that everyone knows that player is gone? Seems like the best way to do it, especially for the later rounds.

I PM'ed Bork, it looks like he's online. Dunno what else to do. I can't freakin' wait around all day for him to make one choice.

Draft question - should we just cut and paste our player from the spreadsheet so that everyone knows that player is gone? Seems like the best way to do it, especially for the later rounds.
Yes

Back