• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mass shooting thread - Santa Fe High School 05/18/18

is texas the dumbest place in america? christ.

MAGA rube shows up with a gun to tell everyone "god bless ya'll" and a guy refutes his stupidity by emphatically state that what we actually need is more prayers

If you've never been to Santa Fe, NM in the Xmas season, you should absolutely go. It's amazing.

Are there really people that think there would be fewer homicides without guns? Bc that's what I gather from anyone who claims "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."

Whoops. I meant: Are there really people that think there would be MORE homicides without guns. I got caught between saying "guns lead to fewer homicides" and "more homicides without guns." Mb.

Last edited:
is texas the dumbest place in america? christ.

MAGA rube shows up with a gun to tell everyone "god bless ya'll" and a guy refutes his stupidity by emphatically state that what we actually need is more prayers

he was just clinging to his guns and religion like a good American is 'sposed to

I've heard Taos is dope too.

A friend from Wake lives there. Just kinda ended up there and settled down. Weirdly I ended up dating one of her best friends from home when I moved to Tampa.

i hadn't heard about the recent Australian shooting so I googled it. looks like a domestic murder/suicide situation. No info on what kind of gun was used. Plenty of types of guns are still legal in Australia so gun-related domestic violence is not really surprising.

Domestics don't count as mass shootings, so Australia is still doing well. Jim Jefferies can still be proud. Though the flip side of that coin is there was another mass shooting here in the states today, so he'll get a ton of hate mail.

And the problem with domestic shootings is they always happen in the wrong order, which ruins even more lives.

Man, this is so bad. Unfortunately, just as I mentioned after the Parkland shooting, nothing is going to happen. And that is so awful.

2 pipe bomb improvised explosives found inside the school as well, neighborhood around the school evacuated

It looks like a cop was shot.

Prayers for everyone.

Yea, I can imagine some day if Dems ever gain controlling majority and WH they might pass some common sense gun control. Only to have Pubs react like it's armageddon--the guvmint commin' to take away yer guns howling bullshit. Then they gain power again only to dismantle the gun-control legislation.

Our politics is broke.

Santa Fe, NM > Santa Fe, TX

Santa Fe, NM is awesome. Great city. Amazing food.

My second choice college has a campus in Santa Fe. It's the "acid" campus; the other campus in Annapolis is the "booze" campus. You can spend a year at the other one if you want. I drove through the Santa Fe campus and town when I was in high school, it was pretty cool. It might have been a better fit, but I went to Wake and now talk with all you bozos, so win/win?

Edit - Thoughts and prayers.

My second choice college has a campus in Santa Fe. It's the "acid" campus; the other campus in Annapolis is the "booze" campus. You can spend a year at the other one if you want. I drove through the Santa Fe campus and town when I was in high school, it was pretty cool. It might have been a better fit, but I went to Wake and now talk with all you bozos, so win/win?

Edit - Thoughts and prayers.

Their motto translates to: I make free adults from children by means of books and a balance

They also offer these athletic opportunities: Croquet, Fencing, Crew, Sailing, Search and Rescue, and Bocce.

I have a friend who's son is in school in that district. He's in elementary school, not high school, thank god.

Their motto translates to: I make free adults from children by means of books and a balance

They also offer these athletic opportunities: Croquet, Fencing, Crew, Sailing, Search and Rescue, and Bocce.

Dominating the US Naval Academy in croquet for over 30 years. Tiers.

Back