• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF -10.5 @ Tulane August 30 -- 8 pm

Pilchard

Reaction score
The offshore books just published the lines for CFB week #1.

Deacs are a 10.5 favorites at Tulane. Lot of respect in that line for WF as Tulane did not lose a home game by more than 6 points last year (34-28 to #21 USF). Admit the number surprised me. Was thinking 6.5 to 7.

Also, the over/under win total for WF is 6.5. This is just for the 12 game regular season; does not count conference championship games or bowl games.

Other ACC teams :

Clemson - 10.5
Miami - 9.5
FSU - 8.5
VT - 8.5
L'ville - 8
State - 7
UNC - 6
Duke - 6
GT - 6
BC - 6
Pitt - 5.5
UVA - 5
Cuse - 4.5

The link: https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/ACC-football-win-total-projections-for-every-team-in-2018-118213055/#118213055_1

Last edited:
Middle of the pack in total wins. Makes sense. 8 will be very stuff. 7 requires winning every game that’s a toss up or favorite. 8 for Louisville looks high without looking at their schedule.

Pilch, do you know the last time Wake was favored by double digits on the road?

Wake Forest @ Baylor - August 28th, 2008

Wake Forest -11.5 wins 41-13

Others:
10/29/05 - WFU -12.5 @ Duke (W 44-6)
9/11/04 - WFU -17 @ ECU (W 31-17)
11/8/97 - WFU -20 @ Rutgers (W 28-14)

There were also a few games from -8 to -9.5 against Duke & UNC over the last ~20 years. The only one we lost was @UNC on 10/18/03 (42-34 as a 9 point favorite).

Maybe able to place a bet with Jersey by cell phone by that time.

I vaguely remember that Rutgers game, but don't remember it being that ridiculous of a spread. Holy hell they must have been bad to be 20 point dogs at home to a Jim Caldwell coached squad.

Is SATS going to give the points and hope for a middle?

Last edited:
The offshore books just published the lines for CFB week #1.

Deacs are a 10.5 favorites at Tulane. Lot of respect in that line for WF as Tulane did not lose a home game by more than 6 points last year (34-28 to #21 USF). Admit the number surprised me. Was thinking 6.5 to 7.

Also, the over/under win total for WF is 6.5. This is just for the 12 game regular season; does not count conference championship games or bowl games.

Other ACC teams :

Clemson - 10.5
Miami - 9.5
FSU - 8.5
VT - 8.5
L'ville - 8
State - 7
UNC - 6
Duke - 6
GT - 6
BC - 6
Pitt - 5.5
UVA - 5
Cuse - 4.5

The link: https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/ACC-football-win-total-projections-for-every-team-in-2018-118213055/#118213055_1

Give me Tulane plus 10x for the limit. You're right game will probably close 6x-7. I thought I heard that BetDsi may be in financial trouble; perhaps this line reflects this problem.

Give me Tulane plus 10x for the limit. You're right game will probably close 6x-7. I thought I heard that BetDsi may be in financial trouble; perhaps this line reflects this problem.

We just don't know.

Last edited:
Weren't we favored big on the road against ECU in Grobe's first game? Or was it the other way around? I remember a lot of discussion on the old boards about the line.

I was at the '97 Wake/Rutgers game and have tried to block it out of my memory. Probably the fifteen other people who were there that day have as well.

Went to Grobe’s first game at ECU. ECU was ranked in top 25 and lost to us by a td or less. Impressive start for Grobe as Wake got the ball with around five minutes left and ran out the clock with the triple option. I had never witnessed Wake dominating an end game like that before. That offense was very deceptive and effective.

Went to Grobe’s first game at ECU. ECU was ranked in top 25 and lost to us by a td or less. Impressive start for Grobe as Wake got the ball with around five minutes left and ran out the clock with the triple option. I had never witnessed Wake dominating an end game like that before. That offense was very deceptive and effective.

WF was a big dog in Grobe's opener. At the time, ECU coached by Dave Logan had been on a solid run, and WF coming off a 2-9 year leading to Caldwell's ouster. No one knew what expect from WF and WF was really good ATS in year 1 under Grobe.

Was there too, but I thought we lost that game. We jumped out to a fast big lead in the first quarter with the new misdirection running game as we were playing like our hair was on fire. They came back and won at the end, I thought. Maybe the heat got to me.

Steve Logan. They scored a late TD, but we stopped them on the two point conversion, then ran out the clock.

Was there too, but I thought we lost that game. We jumped out to a fast big lead in the first quarter with the new misdirection running game as we were playing like our hair was on fire. They came back and won at the end, I thought. Maybe the heat got to me.

Grobe went 5-0 against ECU

you may be thinking of the 1997 collapse under Caldwell's watch; an infamous creatine cramping game (also had an ECU Player jump offside in the redzone, we snapped it while he was across the line and took a knee, no call)

6.5? Is that for conference wins?

We goin' to the 'ship

Watching Grobe use the clock to the last second each down had me turn to my wife and friends and say “ We have found a football coach”. He left Ecu with time for one Hail Mary from about their own 30 as I recall.

Oh no we definitely won. I was there face painted with a friend and they were tossing glass beer bottles at us in the parking lot as we left they were so mad.

I think a lot of people went to the ECU game from the boards (old boards). No idea how many versions ago that was.

Back