• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

this 2014 photo gotcha is exactly the same BS as when Elkman comes along to say "gotcha libs you can't talk about gun control because you don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine".

Doesn't matter, liberals fell for Obama-era pics. Win for Trump/GOP apologists, what's next?

Here's a piece written by one of my co-workers detailing what all is going on with these minors:

https://www.thejusticeconference.com/2018/05/need-know-families-separated-border/‬

Link not working for me.

So some folks were mistaken about a photo?

The TRUMP administration policy, escalating/expanding child-parental separation of migrant families, is still objectionable. No?

FACT CHECK: Are Democrats Responsible For DHS Separating Children From Their Parents?

How The Trump Administration's Family Separation Policy Is Playing Out

—————
...KELLY: Well, let me ask the question that is at the heart of this. As we heard, the Trump administration defends this policy, this practice, as a deterrent. Have you in your work seen evidence that it is deterring families from trying to enter the U.S. illegally?

NAGDA: We've seen no evidence that it is deterring families from entering. The families who are coming to the U.S. are fleeing situations of extraordinary violence. When they are leaving, they are just trying to get to safety. From our experience, the last thing any of them anticipated was having their children taken from them.

KELLY: These people are, though, aware that they are trying to enter the U.S. illegally. What is the reaction to the point that we heard Attorney General Jeff Sessions make - if you don't want to be separated from your child, don't try to bring them across the U.S. border illegally?

NAGDA: So I think it's important to clarify that there's nothing illegal about coming to our border and asking for asylum. These families are not necessarily trying to sneak in. They are coming to the border, they are presenting themselves to border officials, and they are asking for help. Nothing in our laws or international laws suggest that the appropriate next step is to take those children from their parents in the hopes of deterring other families from exercising their right to seek protection at another nation's order.

KELLY: That is Jennifer Nagda of the Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights. Jennifer Nagda, thank you.

NAGDA: You're welcome.
—————

Trump Immigration Policy Veers From Abhorrent to Evil

Yet Mirian, a Honduran woman who arrived in the U.S., broke no law. She simply followed the established procedure by presenting herself at an official border crossing point and requesting asylum because her life was in danger in Honduras — nevertheless, her 18-month-old was taken from her.

“The immigration officers made me walk out with my son to a government vehicle and place my son in a car seat in the vehicle,” Mirian said in a declaration accompanying the A.C.L.U. suit. “My son was crying as I put him in the seat. I did not even have a chance to comfort my son, because the officers slammed the door shut as soon as he was in his seat.”

Likewise, Ms. G, a Mexican in the A.C.L.U. suit, went to an official border crossing point and requested asylum with her 4-year-old son and blind 6-year-old daughter. None of them had broken American law, yet the children were taken from their mother.

“I have not seen my children for one and a half months,” Ms. G wrote in her declaration. “I worry about them constantly and don’t know when I will see them.”

You didn’t hear? They need to just be best back in Honduras or whatever Mexican country they are from and make them be best with their violence or whatever it is because America has never accepted people in trouble we only accept the smart and hard working trouble free types

How the Trump Administration Got Comfortable Separating Immigrant Kids from Their Parents

I asked the person who had attended the D.H.S. meeting with Gene Hamilton what had changed since last year, when the Administration was reluctant to publicly embrace the family-separation policy. The person pointed to the President. In the early days of Trump’s Presidency, migrants were anxious about how harsh his policies might prove to be. For a few months, illegal border crossings declined—a fact that Trump bragged about and took personal pride in. But by the end of the year the numbers had returned to levels roughly consistent with where they’d been just before he took office. Trump has complained that U.S. immigration laws are “pathetic” and riddled with “loopholes,” including, among other things, the “catch and release” of asylum seekers. He’s also held Nielsen personally responsible for the rise in migration from Central America. “What you’re seeing now is the President’s frustration with the fact that the numbers are back up,” the person told me. “The only tools the Administration has now, in the absence of legislation, is to make life miserable for people.”

If Trump and Sessions continue these evil and immoral actions, it's very likely they will create Central American terrorists. The kids who are taken from their parents and are kept in the US could become criminals when it was very unlikely statistically that they wouldn't have otherwise.

Trump is doubling down on calling innocent people, following US law "animals" is about as racist and un-American as you can get.

Back