• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

That's called racial profiling.

By the way, can you imagine the outrage if a Democrat said, "I've been to white neighborhoods where I've walked up to the individuals that are so called minors, 17 or under. I've looked at them and I've looked at their eyes, Tucker--and I've said that is a soon-to-be school shooter. It's unequivocal."

The sad part is if he had said that he would probably be more accurate than his actual statement about immigrant kids joining street gangs. It continues to be amazing that kids in schools are more likely to die at the hands of a white school shooter than either they or their parents at the hands of a Latino street gang. Yet Trumpites continue to live in fear of immigrant hordes from south of the border overrunning their suburban or small-town havens.

Trump supporters struggle with the idea that people who aren’t them just want to do an honest day’s work and provide for their families so their children can move up the ladder.

They also struggle with the fact they support politicians who don’t want that for the working class.

GOP: Country is already full! No room for those [insert derogatory racial term]! We've got plenty of room for smart whites!

Yea that ICE director quote is blatantly racist. “That kid looks like he will be MS-13 even though I know absolutely nothing about him.” On Tucker “white nationalist” Carlson’s show no less. As many have said they don’t even hide it anymore. Bigots.

I have family members who love Tucker and his show. It’s sad/insane that these educated people think he’s reporting facts or that his opinions are valid. Kind of like sailor shilling for Hannity yesterday (lol).

16-Year-Old Dies in U.S. Border Patrol Custody, the Fifth Migrant Child Death Since December

The U.S. government says a 16-year-old Guatemalan died Monday at a Border Patrol station in South Texas, the fifth death of a migrant child since December.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in a statement that Border Patrol apprehended the teenager in South Texas’ Rio Grande Valley on May 13. The agency says the teenager was found unresponsive Monday morning during a welfare check at the agency’s Weslaco, Texas, station. The cause of death is unknown.

The agency did not say why the teenager had been detained for a week, but said he was “due for placement” in a facility for youth operated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Federal law requires the Department of Homeland Security to send minors unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian to HHS within 72 hours of determining that the child is unaccompanied.

Scott Warren trial: Hung jury in case of No More Deaths volunteer

Warren faced one count of criminal conspiracy to transport and harbor illegal aliens, and two counts of harboring, stemming from his January 2018 arrest by U.S. Border Patrol in Ajo, Ariz.

Speaking outside the courthouse, Warren thanked supporters and castigated the government for bringing charges against him.

"In the time since I was arrested in January 2018, no fewer than 88 bodies were recovered from the Arizona desert," Warren said. "The government's plan in the midst of this humanitarian crisis? Policies to target undocumented people, refugees, and their families. Prosecutions to criminalize humanitarian aid, kindness, and solidarity. And now, the revelation that they will build an enormous and expensive wall across a vast stretch of southwestern Arizona's unbroken Sonoran Desert."

[h=1]Teen Mom And Prematurely Born Baby Neglected At Border Patrol Facility For 7 Days[/h] The one-month-old infant was wrapped in a dirty towel and looked listless, according to immigration lawyers who visited the facility.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/teen...inPcbQD3xQAi8NL1DEP1Mb41lzeemgQ4hOddeFGL1aFEA

A prematurely born infant and her 17-year-old mother spent seven days being almost entirely neglected in Border Patrol custody, according to lawyers who visited an immigrant processing station in McAllen, Texas, on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The baby, barely a month old, was wrapped in a dirty towel, wore a soiled onesie and looked listless, said one of the lawyers, Hope Frye. The mother was in a wheelchair due to complications from her emergency C-section and had barely slept ― the pain made it too uncomfortable for her to lie down, the immigration and human rights attorney said.

-------

Evil. Pure evil.

yeah but whatabout the latest opinion piece from the ny times

[h=1]Teen Mom And Prematurely Born Baby Neglected At Border Patrol Facility For 7 Days[/h] The one-month-old infant was wrapped in a dirty towel and looked listless, according to immigration lawyers who visited the facility.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/teen...inPcbQD3xQAi8NL1DEP1Mb41lzeemgQ4hOddeFGL1aFEA

A prematurely born infant and her 17-year-old mother spent seven days being almost entirely neglected in Border Patrol custody, according to lawyers who visited an immigrant processing station in McAllen, Texas, on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The baby, barely a month old, was wrapped in a dirty towel, wore a soiled onesie and looked listless, said one of the lawyers, Hope Frye. The mother was in a wheelchair due to complications from her emergency C-section and had barely slept ― the pain made it too uncomfortable for her to lie down, the immigration and human rights attorney said.

-------

Evil. Pure evil.

This thread corroborates the article above and how were treating refugees. This is really bad.

Back