• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Not really - and this is splitting hairs - but that was TPS (and was re-instituted by Biden for 18 more months last may). The difference in TPS and asylum (well, one of the differences) is that TPS only applies to those already residing in the country, not those wishing to enter it.

My bad.

Trump still sucked though.

No worries... Al Sharpton has now arrived at the border.

All is well

Is there actually an example of people coming in and flipping the “demographics” of a Caucasian country? How about the reverse? Have white people ever come in and overrun a country?

White people will fear “cultural genocide” and get mad when you teach about actual genocide.

And yet somehow, in some way, this will become all the LibDems fault. "If only Biden and Beto would patrol the border like they should, then poor Gov. Abbott wouldn't have needed to pull that stupid, failed, and backfired stunt at the border! Vote in November and make Beto pay for this disaster!"

This is rich.

boy a lot of non-MAGA pubs like my parents will totally be on board for that line of thinking

Greg is right. Our immigration system does not work, and much of our economy relies on "illegal" immigrants. Without them, our agricultural industry fails. He's also right that the majority of those immigrants hold beliefs and values that are compatible with what the republican party espouses: religion, family values, etc. I've made this point before, probably in this thread. That being the case, I wonder why the republican party doesn't embrace this potential conservative voting block? What could it possibly be?

The even more cynical take is that the democrats recognize this dynamic. They know that the hope of immigration reform keeps those votes rolling in, and that once reform passes they won't maintain that advantage (which is slipping anyway). So, the democrats aren't actually serious about reform because they will lose their carrot. It's all fucked.

Imagine if we had immigration reform that actually controlled who came over the border, how long they got to stay, and who became a citizen.

Greg is right. Our immigration system does not work, and much of our economy relies on "illegal" immigrants. Without them, our agricultural industry fails. He's also right that the majority of those immigrants hold beliefs and values that are compatible with what the republican party espouses: religion, family values, etc. I've made this point before, probably in this thread. That being the case, I wonder why the republican party doesn't embrace this potential conservative voting block? What could it possibly be?

The even more cynical take is that the democrats recognize this dynamic. They know that the hope of immigration reform keeps those votes rolling in, and that once reform passes they won't maintain that advantage (which is slipping anyway). So, the democrats aren't actually serious about reform because they will lose their carrot. It's all fucked.

I mean, this guy is on their stupid show and the other robots mock him for it. these are the same people MDMH has been telling the Left to embrace as well and Democrats largely ignore it other than to say immigration should happen

Some days it seems like Biden is try to implement Trumps policies:

I mean, we do want to make it harder to smuggle drugs into the country, right? With Biden we can assume he’s doing it for the right reasons, while everything Trump did was either to troll normal people or to rile up his base with racist bullshit.

Back