• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Yea, I think I read about 2300 or so children have been taken from their parent(s) since this “zero tolerance” policy was implemented.

Only.

So far.

Yea, I think I read about 2300 or so children have been taken from their parent(s) since this “zero tolerance” policy was implemented.

Only.

So far.

Not necessarily from their parents. Many are being used as pawns by adults who can’t prove they’re their biological children. Rachel and Larry (RJK has named his balls after them) ain’t gonna tell you that.

Not necessarily from their parents. Many are being used as pawns by adults who can’t prove they’re their biological children. Rachel and Larry (RJK has named his balls after them) ain’t gonna tell you that.

If you think every kid who crosses the border is being used as a pawn by someone not their parent I have a bridge for sale.

This is no doubt happening but the numbers are negligible compared to the number of families fleeing legitimate issues and seeking asylum.

But flail away and continue to explain away this horrific practice.

Well now.

So how many of the approximately 2300 are being taken away from someone not a parent or trusted/caring adult?

I guess you’re not disputing this number.

Or bothered by it?

You must have missed the NPR report I posted

I have no idea what this means. Post a quote or give us cliff notes if you want to share some information. If it's interesting then I will go back to read more.

I'm not going to dig around in the millions of links you post without any sort of context or quotes.

Here are FACTS:

Around 12,000 children are currently in the custody of Health and Human Services after entering the United States. According to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirsten Nielsen, 10,000 of the 12,000 children in the care of HHS arrived in the U.S. as unaccompanied minors.

Unaccompanied minors infesting our country...you serious Clark? Maybe they are the best and brightest if they're managing to navigate multiple countries, can spell the word asylum, speak, and change their own diapers.

Jeff Sessions could be expelled from the Methodist Church over migrant policies
More than 600 United Methodist Church clergy and members have brought up charges against the attorney general.

More than 600 Methodist clergy and church members are bringing formal church charges against Attorney General Jeff Sessions, invoking a rarely used church procedure to condemn the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their families at the US-Mexico border.

In a June 18 statement, 640 signatories invoked paragraph 2702.3 of the United Methodist Book of Discipline to charge Sessions with child abuse, immorality (including “the use of violence against children to deter immigration”), racial discrimination, and the dissemination of false doctrine counter to Methodist teaching — including Sessions’s controversial public use of the Bible verse Romans 13 to legitimize the Trump administration’s migrant policies.

Sessions is a member of Ashland Place United Methodist Church in Mobile, Alabama, and of Clarendon United Methodist Church in Arlington, Virginia. The statement, addressed to Sessions’s Alabama and Virginia pastors, Sterling Boykin and Tracy Wines respectively, urged them to “dig deeply into Mr. Sessions’ advocacy and actions that have led to harm against thousands of vulnerable humans.”

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/19/17479232/united-methodist-church-charges-expel-jeff-sessions-migrant

i don't know why anyone bothers to respond to moon at this point; he's either (likely) trolling online to get the anticipated reaction he desires, or he actually believes what he posts here. either way, not sure what you're hoping to get as a response.

Hey, here’s an NPR piece: What We Know: Family Separation And 'Zero Tolerance' At The Border

Since early May, 2,342 children have been separated from their parents after crossing the Southern U.S. border, according to the Department of Homeland Security, as part of a new immigration strategy by the Trump administration that has prompted widespread outcry.

Here's what we know about the policy, its history and its effects:

Just when you think Trump and his hate-driven cabal couldn't get any lower, Corey Lewandowski hits a place that is beyond unimaginable:

[video]https://boingboing.net/2018/06/19/wah-wah-corey-lewandows.html[/video]

RJK is OUTRAGED!!!!

where’s Hillary and her 400+ electoral college votes?

I’m with her

Back