• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

just when you think Trump and his cabal could get any more evil, we are proven wrong. Not only did he plan to steal babies from their mothers, he planned to deny them access to lawyers to defend the kids and find their parents.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...l-aid-for-migrant-kids-separated-from-parents

Trump Has Quietly Cut Legal Aid for Migrant Kids Separated from Parents
A program that provides help to unaccompanied minors was slashed just as the government has instituted policies that split kids from parents."

You can't get much more despicable than this. But BKF and sailor will find an excuse to support this.

Don't forget drugging them with strong psychotic drugs.

Hey Swissmiss chalet: simple question . Are you the former poster bobknightrules? Because I believe bobknightrules lost a bet , promised to never come back and that would be a little bitch move to create another poster name and come back and post the exact kind of stuff as before.

Lost in this thread, and ironically ignored by Sailor and BKF, is the fact that the private prison/tent camp companies that donated to Trump’s campaign are making out like bandits. Didn’t BKF used to rant about military spending? Now we have the government paying boat loads of money to these private prison companies for a “problem” that isn’t actually a major crisis? Good grief.

Yep. He's manufacturing a crisis to make his friends money.

Democrats demagogue the immigration issue:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/20/democrats-have-zero-tolerance-for-illegal-immigration-solutions/

“Why won’t the GOP stand up to Donald Trump?!” is the familiar refrain from those who lock-stepped their way through the eight-year hard-left turn of Barack Obama.

“There are so many obstacles to legislation, and when the president can do it with his own pen, it makes no sense,” says Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, who is a co-sponsor of proposed Democrat legislation to supposedly fix the problem. “Legislation is not the way to go here when it’s so easy for the president to sign it.”

Now, I realize Democrats have gotten used to the idea of a president ruling with a pen and concocting immigration law unilaterally. It also looks as if Trump will sign an executive order. But Dems know executive action is not “easy.” Democrats know that the administration will likely be stopped by the courts, and that the long-standing Flores consent decree makes it difficult to enforce border laws and keep families together. They know that only legislation can allow both to happen, and they’re more interested in returning to the status quo — which though better than child separation, continues to ignore the problem.

As Gabriel Malor explained in detail, the proposed legislation cosponsored by every Senate Democrat was so carelessly written that it would prevent “federal law enforcement agencies almost anywhere inside the United States from arresting and detaining criminals who are parents having nothing to do with unlawfully crossing the border and seeking asylum.” So someone should ask leading Democrats if they believe anyone with children should be detained at the border for any reason, at all? Has a leading Democrat explained how we can possibly know if those kids are ok if we have no way of ensuring their parents’ compliance to a court?

There is a moral cost associated with allowing kids to wander over the border. Someone should ask Schumer if he opposes the “child separation” policy or a “zero tolerance” policy on illegal immigration? Has any Democrat clarified why their position doesn’t incentivize more migrants to bring children (sometimes their own, but sometimes not) on the dangerous trek over the border rather than to a port of entry? There’s been a spike of families and unaccompanied children at the border over the past five years. This isn’t a new problem.

Someone should ask Democrats what kind of illegal immigrant they believe doesn’t deserve de facto asylum? I’m well aware of the arguments about escaping poverty and violence, and highly sympathetic to them. But I assume those migrants who properly ask for asylum are in the same situation — other than being punished for following rules. I’m a pretty liberal guy on immigration – open to more asylum seekers, bigger immigration, more temporary workers, etc. But I’m not a huge fan of chaos. And I suspect I’m not alone. It’s neither healthy for the country, nor the people who come here seeking a better life, to be thrown into a system that doesn’t work. Nor is it politically rational, as we increasingly see in Europe. Yet, we have Democrats and activists calling for the elimination of ICE. We have a Democratic Party unwilling to make any compromise on the issue. Sooner or later the situation becomes untenable.

Trump is 100% responsible for the current immigration problems. He created the problem to get votes in November. Ruining the lives of innocent children is just a bonus for him.

So, to summarize, the administration decided it was going to have a zero tolerance policy on illegal immigration. An outcome of this was that families caught crossing the border illegally were going to be separated because you can't put children in detention facilities. The administration then spent an out sized amount of time and effort saying they had "no choice" but to separate the families, denied they were the cause of separations, denied separations were happening, etc. And that is all preposterously stupid and false because they could have either (i) planned out for a no tolerance policy while still keeping families unified who they detained at the border, or (ii) selectively enforced the immigration law by focusing on gang members and others they know to be unsavory (which is what past administrations have generally done). And now they have put in place an order to keep the families together, but, inevitably the devil of said order and how it actually functions will be in the details because it was rushed into place and no doubt won't work perfectly.

What an absolutely shitastic hack job. The kids who are separated are going to be traumatized in ways that could have lifetime implications.

Democrats demagogue the immigration issue:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/20/democrats-have-zero-tolerance-for-illegal-immigration-solutions/

“Why won’t the GOP stand up to Donald Trump?!” is the familiar refrain from those who lock-stepped their way through the eight-year hard-left turn of Barack Obama.

“There are so many obstacles to legislation, and when the president can do it with his own pen, it makes no sense,” says Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, who is a co-sponsor of proposed Democrat legislation to supposedly fix the problem. “Legislation is not the way to go here when it’s so easy for the president to sign it.”

Now, I realize Democrats have gotten used to the idea of a president ruling with a pen and concocting immigration law unilaterally. It also looks as if Trump will sign an executive order. But Dems know executive action is not “easy.” Democrats know that the administration will likely be stopped by the courts, and that the long-standing Flores consent decree makes it difficult to enforce border laws and keep families together. They know that only legislation can allow both to happen, and they’re more interested in returning to the status quo — which though better than child separation, continues to ignore the problem.

As Gabriel Malor explained in detail, the proposed legislation cosponsored by every Senate Democrat was so carelessly written that it would prevent “federal law enforcement agencies almost anywhere inside the United States from arresting and detaining criminals who are parents having nothing to do with unlawfully crossing the border and seeking asylum.” So someone should ask leading Democrats if they believe anyone with children should be detained at the border for any reason, at all? Has a leading Democrat explained how we can possibly know if those kids are ok if we have no way of ensuring their parents’ compliance to a court?

There is a moral cost associated with allowing kids to wander over the border. Someone should ask Schumer if he opposes the “child separation” policy or a “zero tolerance” policy on illegal immigration? Has any Democrat clarified why their position doesn’t incentivize more migrants to bring children (sometimes their own, but sometimes not) on the dangerous trek over the border rather than to a port of entry? There’s been a spike of families and unaccompanied children at the border over the past five years. This isn’t a new problem.

Someone should ask Democrats what kind of illegal immigrant they believe doesn’t deserve de facto asylum? I’m well aware of the arguments about escaping poverty and violence, and highly sympathetic to them. But I assume those migrants who properly ask for asylum are in the same situation — other than being punished for following rules. I’m a pretty liberal guy on immigration – open to more asylum seekers, bigger immigration, more temporary workers, etc. But I’m not a huge fan of chaos. And I suspect I’m not alone. It’s neither healthy for the country, nor the people who come here seeking a better life, to be thrown into a system that doesn’t work. Nor is it politically rational, as we increasingly see in Europe. Yet, we have Democrats and activists calling for the elimination of ICE. We have a Democratic Party unwilling to make any compromise on the issue. Sooner or later the situation becomes untenable.

OK. Let's assume all of the above analysis is true. You can still have instituted an enforcement policy that did not willy nilly rip kids apart from their families while ascertaining whether children coming across the border with adults are, in fact, with their parents. The law could indeed be written in a dipshit manner. That doesn't mean it has to be enforced in such a manner.

RE Fake family fraud:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-children-at-the-border-by-the-numbers/

Administration officials point to the new policy as a way to block the gang MS-13 -- do they have a point?
Their argument is that gang members can exploit the loophole "zero tolerance" seeks to close, allowing families to stay together and be released from custody to enter the country. As an example, they point to the May 2 arrest of an MS-13 member caught entering with a baby.

Customs and Border Protection statistics for fiscal year 2018 show that roughly 0.1 percent of people apprehended at the border (275 out of 256,857) have been linked to MS-13 by authorities. Between 2011 and 2017, about 0.02 percent of children detained (56 out of roughly 250,000) were connected to the gang, according to Senate testimony given by Secretary Nielsen in April.

Officials say that people lie about their relationship to children they enter with. How prevalent is that tactic?
The vast majority of apprehensions at the border do not include fraud. Between October 2017 and May 2018, 99.75 percent of family units apprehended by at the border were not linked to fraud (i.e. pretending to be a parent). A Customs and Border Protection official said Tuesday that out of 59,113 total family unit apprehensions during that period, there were 148 cases of alleged fraud. "

Here's another source proving Trump and Swiss BKF are full of shit about using kids to get gangbangers and other criminal into the country:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...amilies-at-the-border/?utm_term=.170a91f1b782

My bad, using the REAL numbers have no place in Trumpworld.

I always knew some people in Germany supported Hitler after finding out about concentration camp, but I really couldn’t believe it until this week.

I'm in awe that our President was able to rise to the challenge of overcoming a situation where he had no ability to change anything, Democrats had to act, Congress had to act, and the executive branch had no policy regarding separating kids from their parents at the border (either as a deterrent effect or for any other reason). That he overcame all of these impediments to unilaterally halt this practice is incredibly courageous. What a leader.

Absolutely. That the Democrats - who hold a majority in both chambers of Congress - refused to propose legislation to ensure families weren't separated is disgusting. Typical whining liberals.

Back