• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

#wherearethechildren is #2 trending topic on twitter

Someone doesn't like his own administrations policy.

Also what a fucking blatant lie pinning this on Democrats.

Someone doesn't like his own administrations policy.

Also what a fucking blatant lie pinning this on Democrats.

He likes the policy fine, he doesn't like being criticized for it. I'm guessing there was something on the morning news that cast him in a less-than-flattering light. And then he brings it back to gangs because fear-mongering.

He likes the policy fine, he doesn't like being criticized for it. I'm guessing there was something on the morning news that cast him in a less-than-flattering light. And then he brings it back to gangs because fear-mongering.

And it's not just him, Fox has been really playing up the "Democrats support MS-13!" angle today and yesterday. Trump's tweet that the children of illegal immigrants aren't innocents, but are guilty too, has been virtually ignored by them. Instead, predictably, this is somehow all the fault of liberals and Democrats. It never ends.

It’s always amazing which conservative pundits were in on the scam and which ones aren’t. He seems genuinely shocked that the pro-life crowd that is against SNAP, welfare, gap adoption, among other pro-family policies. has no problem with stripping children away from

"Have you no shame, no sense of decency?"

Ah, nope and nope.

Fuck this shit. Call your Members of Congress. This is absurd.

The really easy solution is not to bring your children in illegally. What kind of human does something that they know could result in getting separated from their children? Nice appeal to emotion in the way y’all are trying to frame this though

The really easy solution is not to bring your children in illegally. What kind of human does something that they know could result in getting separated from their children? Nice appeal to emotion in the way y’all are trying to frame this though

Yes, abandoning your children in not first world countries is obviously the responsible decision.

Oh fuck off. Many of these people are escaping situations your feeble mind couldn't even fathom. Even if they were coming here to steal your job, putting 3 year olds in cages is completely inhumane. I can't even believe people are defending this.

You can't this dense about this many subjects, can you?

The "caravan" in which the parents participated is 100% LEGAL. They come from countries where they are being persecuted or where there is rampant crime which threatens their families; travel across Mexico; reach the American border and then, they follow US law to turn themselves in hoping for asylum.

These families are doing EVERYTHING according US laws.

It's the evil bastards you support that are creating this inhuman situation. The racist policies of Trump and Sessions are the root of this evil, but you won't take the time to learn the law as you lick their asses in primal ignorance and being complicit in their hate.

"I'm not a white supremacist for $1200."

Oh fuck off. Many of these people are escaping situations your feeble mind couldn't even fathom. Even if they were coming here to steal your job, putting 3 year olds in cages is completely inhumane. I can't even believe people are defending this.

The thing that gets me about this is that these people are coming here for the exact same reasons that nearly all of our ancestors came here at some point: the chance for a better life than the ones they have in their own home countries. Americans used to brag about the fact that we were a beacon to immigrants from other nations - hence everything from the Statue of Liberty to the famous Schoolhouse Rock song "Melting Pot" that I watched as a kid in school. And many of these immigrants didn't come here through a legal process, especially before the late 1800s. Even if your ancestor immigrants did come here through Ellis Island or some other legal process, what is the difference in motivations between the immigrants of today and those of the past? Furthermore, nearly every large immigrant group into this country has faced the same kind of nativist prejudice and complaints as today's immigrants - the Irish, Italians, German Catholics, Poles, Russian Jews, and so on. In every case it was argued that they were too "foreign" to ever assimilate into our culture, if Catholics ever became a majority we'd all be forced to worship the Pope and he would annul Protestant marriages, that they wouldn't learn English, they were born criminals, had low morals and ethics, etc.

I've just finished re-reading Bill Bryson's book One Summer, about America in the 1920s, and the stuff that was said about Italian immigrants sounds uncannily similar to criticisms about today's immigrants. And in the end, these immigrants nearly always do assimilate, learn English, and become as American as everybody else. Yet here we are again, in the 21st Century, locking small kids into cages because we don't want Latinos sneaking across the border as they've been doing for hundreds of years, and doing it for the same reasons all immigrants have done - looking for a better life for themselves and their kids and grandkids. We used to brag about our appeal to people like this, but not anymore, I guess.

Last edited:
Back