• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

vad posting malicious dishonest misrepresentations is even less shocking

I favor a point system similar to Australia's. Neither I, nor the article posted spoke about anything else. Keep your erroneous and slanderous accusations to yourself.
Keep clutching those pearls.

Looks like you are still tangled up in your "Willkommen Rapefugees" banner accosting unsuspecting innocents arriving at the Westbahnhof. You should go home, fold it up as a momento of your pathetic foolishness, and start learning how to think clearly. It's about time.

This could really go in any thread, but, the merit of the individual positions aside, the basic math of the combination of positions that represent Trumpism just doesn't work:
Strong economy with low unemployment, go us +
Any and all existing trade deals are a disaster for some vague reason, redoing them will bring back badly needed jobs +
Immigration crisis! We must reduce the number of low skill workers entering the country and stealing our jobs (and MS-13!)
= Labor shortage and stalled growth

I get the idea is to bring back higher paying jobs, but 1) traditional blue collar manufacturing jobs are never going to pay what they once did - such a high cost basis would not work in this age without extraordinary and permanent tariffs on imports which would result in reduced exports due to retaliation. 2) if that is somehow managed then we will have a bunch of low paying retail and ag type jobs that would be vacated so would need an alternative labor pool, but that would require letting more uneducated, brown people into the country, not fewer. 3) the stated preference to bias immigration to well-educated, English speaking, Northern Europeans would then dampen economic mobility for US citizens (not that they are particularly rushing over here anyway it seems)

ETA: also realize there's nothing earth-shattering in this post

Last edited:
The Senate Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing on family separations. Thread here:

[h=1]A 6-Year-Old Girl Was Sexually Abused in an Immigrant-Detention Center[/h][h=2]Separated from her mother by Trump’s zero-tolerance policy, the child was forced to sign a statement confirming that she understood it was her responsibility to stay away from her abuser.[/h]https://www.thenation.com/article/six-year-old-girl-sexually-abused-immigrant-detention-center/

According to immigrant-rights advocates, a 6-year-old girl separated from her mother under the Trump administration’s “zero-tolerance” immigration policy was sexually abused while at an Arizona detention facility run by Southwest Key Programs. The child was then made to sign a form acknowledging that she was told to maintain her distance from her alleged abuser, who is another child being held at the same detention facility.

Through the work of Families Belong Together and a legal team assembled for this case, D.L., her mother, and her father have now all been reunited.
According to D.L.’s mother, when the family came together again, the young girl was confused. “I hugged her, I was crying. She didn’t recognize me,” the mother said. “She told me that she thought I was never going to be with her again and that she was going to have to live with another lady. She behaved like she was still in detention. She wouldn’t touch me, hug me, or kiss me.”
“It lasted for a couple of days,” said D.L’s mother. “She didn’t know I was her mom. She thought I was another social worker.”
D.L.’s mother reports that her girl is getting better everyday, but the trauma of the ordeal lingers. “She is still behaving following the rules of the detention center,” said the mother. “She doesn’t let them touch her, she doesn’t touch them. She wakes up at 6, and bathes and eats. She behaves like she is programmed.”

Is there any conservative poster with the balls to explain why they support this?

[h=1]A 6-Year-Old Girl Was Sexually Abused in an Immigrant-Detention Center[/h][h=2]Separated from her mother by Trump’s zero-tolerance policy, the child was forced to sign a statement confirming that she understood it was her responsibility to stay away from her abuser.[/h]https://www.thenation.com/article/six-year-old-girl-sexually-abused-immigrant-detention-center/

Is there any conservative poster with the balls to explain why they support this?

Bump.

Trump Official Says He Warned of Child Trauma From Family Separations
By Jennifer Epstein
July 31, 2018, 4:00 AM EDT

A Trump administration official said Tuesday he warned for months about the potential for harm to migrant children if they were separated from their parents before the administration launched its "zero tolerance" border policy earlier this year.

"There is no question that separation of children from parents entails significant potential for traumatic psychological injury to the child," Commander Jonathan White, a Health and Human Services official who led the agency’s family reunification efforts, told the Senate Judiciary Committee at Congress’s first hearing on the separations of thousands of families at the border.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-face-senate-scrutiny-over-family-separations

dems are human trafficking enablers, they support human trafficking, which includes rape

Back