• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Lawlessness is not a prescription for economic growth, commerce, security, travel, globalization, or much of anything else, except maybe rape, robbery, and violence.

Does this apply to Wall Street? Asking for a friend.

Lawlessness is not a prescription for economic growth, commerce, security, travel, globalization, or much of anything else, except maybe rape, robbery, and violence.

LamePoliteAquaticleech-max-1mb.gif

Family Separation at the Border: UN & Laura Bush condemn policy

You are right. There is nothing to do but sit back and watch the demise. California here we come.

I’m not sure what you mean (of course). The borders in California and Texas are actually pretty heavily patrolled and monitored, especially around cities. Clinton and Bush engaged in a deliberate effort to make it harder to cross the border in populated areas and funneled the traffic out in to the very dangerous desert of Arizona and New Mexico. They thought, ‘no one would try to cross that desert, that would be a serious act of desperation....” It was the ultimate deterrent, but it turns out that the lives these people are fleeing are so awful that the desert is worth a shot. It’s pretty hard to deter incredibly desperate people.

You are still ignoring the question(of course), how would you make the border more secure? Do you think people that traveled 100s of miles across the desert would just turn back if the encountered 30 foot wall at mile 101?

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you mean (of course). The borders in California and Texas are actually pretty heavily patrolled and monitored, especially around cities. Clinton and Bush engaged in a deliberate effort to make it harder to cross the border in populated areas and funneled the traffic out in to the very dangerous desert of Arizona and New Mexico. They thought, ‘no one would try to cross that desert, that would be a serious act of desperation....” It was the ultimate deterrent, but it turns out that the lives these people are fleeing are so awful that the desert is worth a shot. It’s pretty hard to deter incredibly desperate people.

You are still ignoring the question(of course), how would you make the border more secure? Do you think people that traveled 100s of miles across the desert would just turn back if the encountered 30 foot wall at mile 101?

Kidnapping at mile 102?

That sailor isn’t trolling and actually believes the things he posts is one of my favorite things about this board. His posts about the lawlessness of Central American migrants entering America juxtaposed with his defense of the highest levels of industry and government partnering with one of the most lawless economic systems in the world is goddamn poetry. It’s like watching Elaine dance on Seinfeld. He believes he’s really something

What’s going to happen to the Trump administration if they don’t reunite the families? More stern words? It gets bumped up to Trump’s SCOTUS who could care less about immigrant kids?

There’s no repercussions unless the courts can figure out how to grant automatic citizenship to children who aren’t reunited. The rubes would hate that.

Asylum seekers at the border: Illegals who should have every human right stripped from them because they BROKE THE LAW!

Trump administration officials with all sorts of ethics violations, lack of morality, treason, money laundering, fraud, Hatch violations, conspiring with foreign agents, etc.: BUT WHAT ABOUT......?, FAKE NEWS, WHO CARES IF WE'RE WINNING, LEFTIST DIMS ARE SORE LOSERS, distract, distort, demean

I'll put this here...

The Children at the Trump Rallies: What is it like to see young people exposed to so much anger? Heartbreaking, says a Times photographer.

On the site are photos, I'll put the text below.

During the last few weeks of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in the fall of 2016, I found myself seeking out increasingly tender and empathetic photographs of his supporters. Maybe it was the long weeks away from my own son that softened my eye and drew me toward parents and their children at Mr. Trump’s rallies. It’d been a long journey covering the campaign, and I remember being exhausted by the anger I experienced. The crowds took Mr. Trump’s lead and directed their hatred at me and my colleagues from the press, event after event, day after day, and, eventually, it took a toll.

In those final weeks, I remember being heartbroken that children were exposed to this anger, were learning from it and participating in it. I knew those parents loved their children just as I do mine, and that common bond was my reminder of their humanity and my own. I was searching for a way to connect in an environment that felt so toxic and violently polarized.

One of the most poignant photos from that time was of a boy, dressed as a fledgling Trump, in the front row of a rally with his father in Grand Junction, Colo., just two weeks before the election. Together, they chanted, “Lock her up, lock her up!” The father beamed with pride. Vitriol sputtered from his son Jaden’s mouth.

Nearly 19 months after Mr. Trump took office, I photographed my first Make America Great Again rally on Thursday in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. It felt eerily familiar. The staging, the music, the lighting, the faces in the crowd, the metal cage that confined the press, and even the wording of the opening announcement urging supporters not to hurt any protesters, were all the same. The journalists I had befriended on the campaign were all there. The jarring difference in this all-too-familiar setting was that “president” now preceded the former candidate’s name.

As before, I was drawn to the children, but this time through the lens of 19 months of the Trump administration. The people in that arena supported the actions of a sitting president, not just the musings of a candidate. In that time, the anger I experienced on the trail had taken shape with real-world consequences. The chants of “Build the wall” in 2016 were realized in a haphazard zero-tolerance immigration policy that resulted in nearly 3,000 child separations in 2018.

That night, I photographed 10-year-old Gianna Musolino holding her father’s arm in the most tender and gentle embrace, her arms entwined around his, her head nestled in the soft bend of his elbow. There was no mistaking the comfort and protection she felt under his wing and the pride he felt in providing it.

I thought again about my son, as I have done so many times over these past few months, imagining with deep sadness what it would be like for him to be taken away from us and what it might do to him. How could any parent possibly support a president capable of this?

After I left, I wished I had asked the father, Thomas Musolino, that question. But, as I looked through my photographs, the answer was apparent. Mr. Musolino’s face was Trump’s own; a two-dimensional, hollow-eyed cardboard facsimile of the president. As much as I tried, that night, after living in Trump’s America, it was even harder to connect.

God damn...fuck this administration. This isn’t American.

The refusal to show a warrant or ID while wearing plain clothes you probably would be justified in shooting them for attempted kidnapping and get away with it as long as you were white.

A comprehensive read about the brave new world of an empowered ICE, and the small cabal of hardliners who are pushing immigration enforcement as far as they can make it go. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/09/trump-ice/565772/ The policy is exactly what sailor wants: deterrence by terror and intimidation, trying to get people to self-deport or not arrive at all. The question of whether this kind of treatment of human beings is consistent with American values or Christian (or any other form of) morality is not part of the equation. Immigrants (especially brown ones from shithole countries) are bad and the end of keeping them out justifies any means.

Back