• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

My opinion is that making the issue ABOUT Trump, framing the problem as if his administration is the direct cause of it, is playing directly into Trumps hands, because the Republican party is more concerned with defending Trump himself than they are any particular policy. Theres never going to be any room to debate on Trump himself, you either support him or you don't.

My opinion is that making the issue ABOUT Trump, framing the problem as if his administration is the direct cause of it, is playing directly into Trumps hands, because the Republican party is more concerned with defending Trump himself than they are any particular policy. Theres never going to be any room to debate on Trump himself, you either support him or you don't.

That's true. But there has to be a discussion of short-term solutions along with long-term solutions because there are lives at stake.

The Trump administration has quietly resumed separating immigrant families at the border, in some cases using vague or unsubstantiated allegations of wrongdoing or minor violations against the parents, including charges of illegally re-entering the country, as justification.

Over the last three months, lawyers at Catholic Charities, which provides legal services to immigrant children in government custody in New York, have discovered at least 16 new separation cases. They say they have come across such instances by chance and via their own sleuthing after children were put into temporary foster care and shelters with little or no indication that they arrived at the border with their parents.

I wonder how that compares to what Trump charges the government for a room at Mar-a-Lago.

That evil bastard Neilsen was smirking when asked by Congress about how many people died in custody. She should be put in solitary until all the kids are reunited with their parents.

That evil bastard Neilsen was smirking when asked by Congress about how many people died in custody. She should be put in solitary until all the kids are reunited with their parents.

but calling her out in public is the real decline of civility

fuck all of these people and their enablers

I’m not sure where to put this, maybe we need a shutdown thread...

I’m not sure how accurate this 94% is, but if it’s even a little bit true it makes the shutdown so much worse.

how is that possible? where did the money to pay for the troops to set up razor wire to stop the caravans come from

how is that possible? where did the money to pay for the troops to set up razor wire to stop the caravans come from

I’m not certain, but my guess would be that there is some sort of budgeting technicality. That money probably came from DoD funds not DHS and DoD has no “border security” component of their budget so it is not what Congress appropriated for border security.

Fuck him and all of those neocon warmonger kleptocrats, man. They were smarter and savvier, but they laid down the blueprint for Trumpism.

You're right killing brown children over lies and hate and destroying families of brown people is OK. But saying the people who do this are evil is wrong.

Family Separation at the Border: UN & Laura Bush condemn policy

You're right killing brown children over lies and hate and destroying families of brown people is OK. But saying the people who do this are evil is wrong.

What? Let me ask you again - what?

Im saying that I’m not willing to give Kristol a pass. I’m happy he’s changed sides, but he’s as responsible for this as Trump voters. Neocons wrote the book that Trump can’t read, but vulgarly emulates in his pillage of this country and wanton destruction of others.

And board white people - enough with the casual use of “brown people.” Good lord.

Last edited:
I thought you were being sarcastic as was I.

By saying "brown people" in the above context is more poignant. The people trying to reach America are of many nationalities and share not being white. You don't see Canadian kids or other European people who enter the US in cages .

Back