• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

You mean free ammunition of following the law, which the Dems never like and don't do? Just like when other people break the law & go to jail, they get separated from their kids when they go behind bars, right. These people are ILLEGAL aliens, therefore they are breaking the law. All the Dems want are future voters. Build the wall & secure our borders!

So let’s see. In the last year, Republicans have been responsible for this horrible human rights scandal, nominating and sticking by a child molestor for US Senate, and the entire Russia fiasco. I sure as shit hope the Democrats have some grand plan in place by November to use all this free ammunition, but I doubt it.

They’re asylum seekers you stupid piece of shit. Do you understand how that is different?

You mean free ammunition of following the law, which the Dems never like and don't do?

Trump Tells Tribal Leaders to Ignore the Law

Whether Donald Trump cares about honoring this obligation is open to some debate. Axios, for example, published a report yesterday on a recent meeting in which the president allegedly told a group of people they should feel free to ignore federal laws.

In late June, President Trump hosted a group of Native American tribal leaders at the White House and urged them to “just do it” and extract whatever they want from the land they control.

The exchange turned out to be an unusually vivid window into the almost kingly power that Trump sees himself as holding, and which he has begun describing with increasing bluntness. The scene was recounted by a source in the room and confirmed by another. The White House didn’t dispute the story.

The chiefs explained to Trump that there were regulatory barriers preventing them from getting at their energy. Trump replied: “But now it’s me. The government’s different now. Obama’s gone; and we’re doing things differently here.”

Trump, however, was reportedly emphatic, telling one of the tribal leaders, “Chief, chief, what are they going to do? Once you get it out of the ground are they going to make you put it back in there? I mean, once it’s out of the ground it can’t go back in there. You’ve just got to do it. I’m telling you, chief, you’ve just got to do it.”

Just so we’re clear, “it” refers to breaking the law, and “they” refer to officials from Trump’s own administration who have a responsibility to act in accordance with the law.

As Axios’ report tells it, Native American leaders still weren’t sure whether they should take the president’s instructions at face value, so Trump again encouraged them to simply ignore the existing legal framework. “Guys, I feel like you’re not hearing me right now,” he added. “We’ve just got to do it. I feel like we’ve got no choice; other countries are just doing it. China is not asking questions about all of this stuff. They’re just doing it. And guys, we’ve just got to do it.”

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-reportedly-told-tribal-leaders-ignore-federal-laws

You mean free ammunition of following the law, which the Dems never like and don't do? Just like when other people break the law & go to jail, they get separated from their kids when they go behind bars, right. These people are ILLEGAL aliens, therefore they are breaking the law. All the Dems want are future voters. Build the wall & secure our borders!

No they aren't.

They are presenting themselves at the border asking for asylum - which is legal.

No they aren't.

They are presenting themselves at the border asking for asylum - which is legal.

The Washington Post has reported that many are being taken to court as a large group and told that they'll only get time served if they plead guilty.

Which I post not to refute your point, but to show the tough position the administration is putting them in. Even people entering legally to claim asylum may end up pleading guilty to a crime in desperation, hoping to get their children back.

Link

No they aren't.

IDK checkin my MAGA chart and ain't lookin good!

C3pxnxgVYAQRCXQ.jpg

This is just not correct. The fact that you put the word "illegal" in all caps, when in fact, they are people arriving at the border seeking asylum (which is legal) is ABSOLUTELY FRIGHTENING. It's as if you have some other motive in taking a not-factual position like this...

Except they were following the law and trying to legally file for asylum. But you support those evil, immoral liars.

By the way, Trump loves vets so much he stole $2.8M donated to his foundation for disabled vets and used it for his campaign.

http://thehill.com/regulation/court...bout-the-lawsuit-against-the-trump-foundation

UN office calls on US to stop separating families at border

GENEVA (AP) — The United Nations human rights office called on the Trump administration Tuesday to “immediately halt” its accelerating policy of separating children from their parents after they cross the U.S. border with Mexico, insisting there is “nothing normal about detaining children.”

Ravina Shamdasani, a spokeswoman for the U.N. high commissioner for human rights, scolded the United States over the hundreds of children removed from parents who were jailed for entering the country illegally. She said border control appears to take precedence over child protection and care in the U.S.

“The use of immigration detention and family separation as a deterrent runs counter to human rights standards and principles,” Shamdasani said during a briefing in Geneva. “The child’s best interest should always come first.”

https://www.apnews.com/133271c91ef746bc83a43ba8e31aad1d

Jeff Sessions gleefully using the bible to justify his inhumane policies:

Romans 13:8 "Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law."

Republicans have no guts or souls at this point. They need to change their animal to a yellow chicken.

Back