• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Why doesn't Joe Biden do something about this???

This is truly banana republic stuff. Sickening.

The suffering is the point.

Love how your concern here is more about how the Tunnels liberals were wrong to blame Trump for Kids in Cages, than it is for the kids in the cages.

was listening to a bit of Hannity in the car and he was talking about his grandparents legally emigrating from Ireland. Back in the day did legal immigration just consist of you paying to get on a boat to America?

was listening to a bit of Hannity in the car and he was talking about his grandparents legally emigrating from Ireland. Back in the day did legal immigration just consist of you paying to get on a boat to America?

Depending on how old they are. There was no concept of "legal immigration" until 1882, and then it was basically a head tax. 1882 also brought the Chinese exclusion act which expanded on the Page act of 1875 that demonized the Chinese women - saying all Chinese women are basically prostitutes (context for anti-Asian hate crimes and the attacks in Atl), and banned the entry of all Chinese for 10 years.

1891 brought new limits on immigration, specifically on criminals, those with contagious diseases, polygamist and those unable to care for themselves.

Depending on how old they are. There was no concept of "legal immigration" until 1882, and then it was basically a head tax. 1882 also brought the Chinese exclusion act which expanded on the Page act of 1875 that demonized the Chinese women - saying all Chinese women are basically prostitutes (context for anti-Asian hate crimes and the attacks in Atl), and banned the entry of all Chinese for 10 years.

1891 brought new limits on immigration, specifically on criminals, those with contagious diseases, polygamist and those unable to care for themselves.

as noted before, the problem is that the welfare state is completely incompatible with open borders, and in 1882 there was no welfare state

furthermore, the Biden administration is not even checking the new arrivals for the 1891 immigration limits: welcome criminals, people with covid, polygamists, and people unable to take care of themselves, don't worry we'll soon legalize them all so they can vote Dem, and of course, the drug and people smuggling cartels get paid, and paid well; Go Joe! (but watch the stairs)

Biden's penchant for being wrong dominates US policy

as noted before, the problem is that the welfare state is completely incompatible with open borders, and in 1882 there was no welfare state

furthermore, the Biden administration is not even checking the new arrivals for the 1891 immigration limits: welcome criminals, people with covid, polygamists, and people unable to take care of themselves, don't worry we'll soon legalize them all so they can vote Dem, and of course, the drug and people smuggling cartels get paid, and paid well; Go Joe! (but watch the stairs)

Biden's penchant for being wrong dominates US policy

No one in the government is advocating for completely open borders.

You also have a gross misunderstanding of what exacerbated issues with cartels. The greater vulnerability people have, the greater power predatory entities exert.

The best solution is a robust refugee admission program, a well funded and efficient asylum process, increased I-630 Visas and employment-based Visas, and a path toward citizenship for those within the country. I’m fine with a restitution-based path, but I don’t think it’s necessary.

No one in the government is advocating for completely open borders.

You also have a gross misunderstanding of what exacerbated issues with cartels. The greater vulnerability people have, the greater power predatory entities exert.

The best solution is a robust refugee admission program, a well funded and efficient asylum process, increased I-630 Visas and employment-based Visas, and a path toward citizenship for those within the country. I’m fine with a restitution-based path, but I don’t think it’s necessary.

But, but, but...Tucker Carleson said.

Back