• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Or we could talk about the current Administration's immigration policy. Freely.

And for the next year or two, the current administration will be cleaning up the immoral, inhumane actions of the previous one. The previous administration's callous. immoral actions put our nation in a terrible ongoing position.

To blame any of this on Biden at this point is irrational and totally dishonest.

And for the next year or two, the current administration will be cleaning up the immoral, inhumane actions of the previous one. The previous administration's callous. immoral actions put our nation in a terrible ongoing position.

To blame any of this on Biden at this point is irrational and totally dishonest.

Not really. It's not an either/or situation. Much of what is happening at the border is a direct result of Trump's policies, and that can't be understated, but Biden owns his response. And his response has been well-meaning, but insufficient at best. His declarations have not matched his actions - leaving harmful policies in place where he could alter or discontinue them easily. I think he also underestimated the complexity of the situation at the border and put some plans into action without the necessary infrastructure lined up to support it. I do believe that he's trying to act with compassion, and the situation will improve (and it is better than it was under the previous administration), but to this point Biden has been very underwhelming on immigration policies and reform.

"It's Bush'----IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT!"

Not really. It's not an either/or situation. Much of what is happening at the border is a direct result of Trump's policies, and that can't be understated, but Biden owns his response. And his response has been well-meaning, but insufficient at best. His declarations have not matched his actions - leaving harmful policies in place where he could alter or discontinue them easily. I think he also underestimated the complexity of the situation at the border and put some plans into action without the necessary infrastructure lined up to support it. I do believe that he's trying to act with compassion, and the situation will improve (and it is better than it was under the previous administration), but to this point Biden has been very underwhelming on immigration policies and reform.

Fuck Tapatalk. I was 2/3rds done with a post about how hard it is to change government rules and policies even when you are president but I switched apps to respond to a text from my ex wife and tapa deleted everything.

Long story short, Biden is saddled by the rules and practices that Trump put in place, so up to a point he can blame stuff on the previous admin. The hard work is going on behind the scenes to change the way laws are implemented or writing new regs and rules for agency operations, but it’s also boring so it doesn’t get reported. If 6 months or a year from now we are still in this position then it’s all on Biden.

Fuck Tapatalk. I was 2/3rds done with a post about how hard it is to change government rules and policies even when you are president but I switched apps to respond to a text from my ex wife and tapa deleted everything.

Long story short, Biden is saddled by the rules and practices that Trump put in place, so up to a point he can blame stuff on the previous admin. The hard work is going on behind the scenes to change the way laws are implemented or writing new regs and rules for agency operations, but it’s also boring so it doesn’t get reported. If 6 months or a year from now we are still in this position then it’s all on Biden.

Absolutely AND some of this is his own making. He announced intentions and signaled policy shift without follow through or moves to put in the necessary infrastructure. I'm not talking about wanting an immediate reversal or having naïve expectations about how quickly headway can be made on some of these issues. I'm talking about places where he made immigration announcements to get the positive PR boost, but has not followed through. Case in point is overturning Trump's travel ban and raising the refugee arrival ceiling. he issued an EO saying that he would raise the ceiling to 125,000 next fiscal year. He then made a public statement saying that would increase the ceiling to 62,500 this year (put aside the point Trump decimated the overseas infrastructure to a point that those numbers are unrealistic - but it is a symbolic gesture that America will again take up the mantle of being a world leader in humanitarian issues, which is important). He went through the necessary procedures of Congressional consultation and all that has been lacking to make it so is his signature. This has been the case since mid-February. Because of his assurance and the consultation with Congress, PRM began booking flights that would result in families being reunited that in most cases have been waiting the entire Trump presidency. As the Presidential Determination remains unsigned, the Trump restrictions remain in place and almost 800 flights have had to be cancelled - postponing those reunifications.

"It's Bush'----IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT!"

Because it is Trump's fault...

My bad you still support the racist traitor who tried to overthrow a legitimate US election and whose lies killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Americans who would be alive without those lies.

Yet another GOP poster with a changed name. Wonder why the change

Sayeth the groupthinkers.

Hundreds of thousands of Americans are dead and millions more lost their jobs because of Trump lies and groupthink that is still going on today.

Donald Trump's lies were worse than Ted Bundy multiplied by John Wayne Gacy.

Sayeth the groupthinkers.

We already have a sailordeac for this, as well as a Col angus to overplay hints of Dem hypocrisy.

I’d hardly call it independent thinking to have an entire party coalesce around Donald Trump as anything more than a grifting phony. But maybe that’s why your name was changed so your pre-Trump positions can’t be jammed in your face.

It's almost like the transition planning was intentionally sabotaged.

We already have a sailordeac for this, as well as a Col angus to overplay hints of Dem hypocrisy.

I’d hardly call it independent thinking to have an entire party coalesce around Donald Trump as anything more than a grifting phony. But maybe that’s why your name was changed so your pre-Trump positions can’t be jammed in your face.

Thanks, but I cannot overplay the Dems' hypocrisy.

Back