• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

E2O_HB2XsAE-nn0

Many prolific Tunnels posters have also pivoted very quickly from outrage to quiet on the border situation within the last 6 months.

What possibly could have happened over this time period?

E2O_HB2XsAE-nn0

Many prolific Tunnels posters have also pivoted very quickly from outrage to quiet on the border situation within the last 6 months.

What possibly could have happened over this time period?

important to note that Biden has only been president for four months...changes take time.

imo, Republicans invading congress and killing DC Police in an effort to overthrow an election may have changed the narrative away from migrant children.

important to note that Biden has only been president for four months...changes take time.

imo, Republicans invading congress and killing DC Police in an effort to overthrow an election may have changed the narrative away from migrant children.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56810371

DC police officer died of natural causes.

This is a strong whatabout.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56810371

DC police officer died of natural causes.

This is a strong whatabout.

I think that article is a little short sided. It is clear that stress, anger and the like (fighting) are contributing factors to strokes (increases BP, etc.), especially with other risk factors. i don't really see that the DC police officer having two strokes during the insurrection is random, but just hard to prove in this type of situation.

not trying to change the story, but we know this administration has started to work on the issue. i don't think this gets fixed overnight (sorry 22)...if it is still bad in a year, it might be something different. you want to also complain about the crazy debt that Trump collected or infrastructure that they avoided for four years? i mean four months should be plenty of time to fix everything Trump ruined, right?

I don't think it is a what about so much as an explanation as to why the media attention may have shifted away from the border situation, that is, a new story has emerged to consume media attention and resources.

Or mayyybe hear me out here. The media switched it's attention because it is no longer politically advantageous to discuss kids in cages. I'm sorry, temporarily detained migrant children.

Last edited:
I don't think it is a what about so much as an explanation as to why the media attention may have shifted away from the border situation, that is, a new story has emerged to consume media attention and resources.

Yeah, that's probably it. If only there were time and resources to cover two stories!

I thought cruelty was the point? We've got to deter these "animals" from coming in the first place. What are y'all upset about? That Biden isn't purposefully separating children from their families? Nah, you're just upset that the "enemy of the people" is treating Biden with kid gloves on this issue. I can't figure out what else possibly could have changed besides that "D" for demon next to the President's name.

Looks like CNN, the BBC, and the NYT have covered migrant children at the border within the last day or so. I don't think coverage is an issue.

I do enjoy the trumpublican hysteria surrounding the border. There is no acknowledgement that the policies of the Biden admin and the Trump admin are different, and there sure as shit is not any concern for the actual children being detained. There is not even a desire to resolve any issues at the border. All that they want is to find perceived hypocrisy and scream/gloat about it.

It has a certain idiotic brilliance to it. Don't worry about attempting to solve problems. Don't even suggest solutions with more depth than can be covered in a sentence. Just bitch and moan and bitch and moan.

What is measuring stick that is being covered less in the last 4 months than the 4 months before that?

Or mayyybe hear me out here. The media switched it's attention because it is no longer politically advantageous to discuss kids in cages. I'm sorry, temporarily detained migrant children.

Yeah, that's probably it. If only there were time and resources to cover two stories!

COVID was kind of a big deal as well. It's not like the border situation got a ton of coverage in 2020 either.

And with at least a twinge of old timey racism.

Hey now, I didn't make the excuse, I was just explaining that it was not offered as a #whatabout.

I don't think we should have this conversation without specifying that the thing most Libs (Lubes, Dems, whatever) were upset about under the Trump administration border policies was the forcible separation of children form their parents upon apprehension, not the detainment. What the Biden Admin continues to struggle with currently is kids trying to cross the border unaccompanied by their parents or guardians, so they are detaining them until they can figure out what to do. Orangeman bad because he intentionally created unaccompanied minors and violated human rights, Bidenman not as bad because he didn't create the problem but he is struggling to find a solution.

Yes the kids in cages pictures was taken under Obama and created hubbub under Trump years later. HIPOCRACY!...or whatever...that doesn't change the fact that Trump intentionally, seriously exacerbated a problem in a really dickish way.

I don't think we should have this conversation without specifying that the thing most Libs (Lubes, Dems, whatever) were upset about under the Trump administration border policies was the forcible separation of children form their parents upon apprehension, not the detainment. What the Biden Admin continues to struggle with currently is kids trying to cross the border unaccompanied by their parents or guardians, so they are detaining them until they can figure out what to do. Orangeman bad because he intentionally created unaccompanied minors and violated human rights, Bidenman not as bad because he didn't create the problem but he is struggling to find a solution.

Yes the kids in cages pictures was taken under Obama and created hubbub under Trump years later. HIPOCRACY!...or whatever...that doesn't change the fact that Trump intentionally, seriously exacerbated a problem in a really dickish way.

I’m a little ignorant on this issue, but how long was Trunps separate family policy in place before they reverted back to basically Obama era policies. If they reverted back at all, maybe there was a change post Biden election?

I’m a little ignorant on this issue, but how long was Trunps separate family policy in place before they reverted back to basically Obama era policies. If they reverted back at all, maybe there was a change post Biden election?

Here is a full time line. The highlights are that the policy started soon after trump took office, a year later a judge ordered them to stop, but they kept going. This article is from 2020 so it doesn’t document how Biden has changed things.

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2020/06/17/family-separation-under-trump-administration-timeline

Also I have not taken the time to independently verify the info. The article definitely has an anti trump tone so it may be biased.

Back