• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

And another conservative Republican who's beginning to see the light.

Anyone else want to join? BKF, Reff, Sailor?

We passed the Russia sanctions with a veto override majority despite Trump's objections, right? Can't we do the same with this?

Deuteronomy 10: 19 You shall love the stranger, for you were once strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:34 The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Matthew 25: 35 I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.

Leviticus - “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God."

Exodus 22:21 ESV
“You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt."

I'm sure there are many more.

By the way the verse Trump and Sessions used were used to justify slavery and apartheid. Of course, Sessions and Trump would love have both in the US.

The picture of the that little girl should be used in 2020 against Trump.

When Sessions goes to Congress about this, he should dress appropriately...in his robe and hood...

So the United Nations has condemned this horrifying practice and now the Methodist Church. Yet Trump's administration still defends.

Even if you, as a Congressperson, don't care about these people, shouldn't you, again as a Congressperson, at least care that a President is openly holding people hostage to bend Congress to his will? If this becomes the new normal, then, to paraphrase Hans Gruber, eventually a president will get to someone that you do care about (or at least a voting bloc or lobby you need to retain your job).

Back