• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Sarah Sanders is looking at her like “It’s OK. You’ll get used to it.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/et_tu_laura.html

Laura Bush is publicly supporting the Democrats' BS propaganda effort, hand-wringing over the poor "immigrants" (make that illegal immigrant law-breakers) who are arrested and therefore separated from the children. She wrote a column for the Trump-hating Washington Bezos Post that is getting major attention from all the other Trump-haters:

On Sunday, a day we as a nation set aside to honor fathers and the bonds of family, I was among the millions of Americans who watched images of children who have been torn from their parents. In the six weeks between April 19 and May 31, the Department of Homeland Security has sent nearly 2,000 children to mass detention centers or foster care. More than 100 of these children are younger than 4 years old. The reason for these separations is a zero-tolerance policy for their parents, who are accused of illegally crossing our borders.

The reason for the separations is that their parents have been arrested for violating our law. Just like American citizens who are arrested. As Bre Payton of The Federalist reminds us: Putting a child in temporary housing or foster care when their [sic] parent engages in illegal activity is standard practice – even for U.S. citizens. A bit of information that's been largely ignored is that there are an unknown number of American children who've been seperated [sic] from their parents and placed in foster care when their parents are incarcerated.

As The Daily Caller's Saagar Enjeti points out, an estimated 20,939 American children were put in foster care when a parent was incarcerated in 2016, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. That accounts for about eight percent of the total number of children who entered the foster care system that same year.

In effect, Laura Bush is advocating for privileging foreign law-breakers over Americans. Since we are ceaselessly told by the left that black Americans are disproportionately incarcerated, this means that the former first lady must be a raaacist, arguing for harsher treatment of black Americans than of foreigners (who incidentally travel long distances to violate our laws).

It is clear that the presidency of Donald Trump has pushed the Bush clan into revealing its predilection for the Democrats' positions on various issues.

Well, now we know...

We know that what passes for “conservative” or Republican has become increasingly irrational, destructive, xenophobic, and dangerous.

Republicanvoting.jpg

I'm assuming, then, that you support an open border policy. Does this country have an official policy, approved by congress, whereby anyone can just show up at the border, claim they are seeking asylum from whatever entity for whatever reason....and walk into the country?

I don't think such as policy exists, but if it does it certainly needs to be revisited. A country that has no control over its borders is in deep trouble.

I understand why Democrats support an open border policy, of course. It is vital to their continued existence as a viable political party in this country.

Don’t assume that I support an open border. I didn’t say that.

Let’s start from a place of agreement that 300,000 asylum-seekers per year is too many. How does separating children from their parents at the border reduce that number below 300,000? In what way does it reduce the number of asylum-seekers coming to our borders?

It doesn’t matter if Trump solidifies his base if rallies broaden the base of the opposition.

And hanging out with Grayson Allen.

Playing right into the plans of bkf and the Trumpites. People protest, the right further hardens their hearts to real issues, Trump solidifies his base.

Do you really think anyone who supports this would have stayed home in November?

I’m sure they’ll claim the “illegals” are voting so “real Americans” have to get out and vote.

Back