• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Does anyone have any argument not based purely on appeal to emotion?

Yes. It has already been laid out, though I suspect you know this. People seeking asylum (fleeing violence) can go through the process once picked up by border control. Now, can you explain why it’s necessary to separate babies, infants, and children for months from their parents? And losing 1400 of them in the process?

Yes. It has already been laid out, though I suspect you know this. People seeking asylum (fleeing violence) can go through the process once picked up by border control. Now, can you explain why it’s necessary to separate babies, infants, and children for months from their parents? And losing 1400 of them in the process?

That was the process, sending them to sponsored homes, to avoid detaining children which you guys are now aghast at.

Trump and the GOP and today’s conservatives are all about emotion wrt laws and punishment, tintin. Get the fuck out with your newfound faith in strict law and punishment enterpretation you little tick turd.

Reactions: DDA
DDA, calling my answer which you admit you don’t even actually disagree with a “non-answer” is a clear sign you’re not actually interested in discussion. Have a good Memorial Day.

DDA, calling my answer which you admit you don’t even actually disagree with a “non-answer” is a clear sign you’re not actually interested in discussion. Have a good Memorial Day.

Lol are you serious? I’ve answered all your questions dude. You won’t answer a simple one of mine I’ve asked three times now.

Lol. Clown

That was the process, sending them to sponsored homes, to avoid detaining children which you guys are now aghast at.

But why? Seems like the only reason was to pay private prisons to house the parents. If the goal is to detain and deport, there’s no need to separate.

If it hasnt been posted here yet, the 1500 kids were not seperated from their parents at the border. They were found unaccompanied (supposedly) at the border, and ORS resettled them with relatives or foster programs. The "lost" part stems from ORS being unable to keep track of 1500 children they placed, to large extent the problem is that many of the people with whom the children were placed are naturally scared of immigration services, so they dont want to maintain contact with them.

A person who comes to the border and presents themselves to Border Patrol with a claim of asylum is not a criminal or illegal immigrant. They are acting in accordance with US law and international treaties on refugees. The policy of separating these people from their children is simply a draconian, cruel, and arbitrary action by the Trump/Sessions DOJ to deter legitimate asylum seekers from trying to comply with the law and make their claim. Ironically, this will probably result in more of these people trying to get over the border illegally with smugglers or through the desert rather than risk being ripped from their children when they try to comply with the law.

Back