• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

No words. This country is broken by racism and misogyny. This administration being all in and the worst instincts of these deplorable people.

"Do I get 72 sombrero wearing coeds after I vote for trump?"
-col anus

[h=1]‘We Need to Take Away Children,’ No Matter How Young, Justice Dept. Officials Said[/h]
Top department officials were “a driving force” behind President Trump’s child separation policy, a draft investigation report said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/...immigration-jeff-sessions-rod-rosenstein.html

WASHINGTON — The five U.S. attorneys along the border with Mexico, including three appointed by President Trump, recoiled in May 2018 against an order to prosecute all illegal immigrants even if it meant separating children from their parents. They told top Justice Department officials they were “deeply concerned” about the children’s welfare.
But the attorney general at the time, Jeff Sessions, made it clear what Mr. Trump wanted on a conference call later that afternoon, according to a two-year inquiry by the Justice Department’s inspector general into Mr. Trump’s “zero tolerance” family separation policy.
“We need to take away children,” Mr. Sessions told the prosecutors, according to participants’ notes. One added in shorthand: “If care about kids, don’t bring them in. Won’t give amnesty to people with kids.”
Rod J. Rosenstein, then the deputy attorney general, went even further in a second call about a week later, telling the five prosecutors that it did not matter how young the children were. He said that government lawyers should not have refused to prosecute two cases simply because the children were barely more than infants.

If only there were people on the right who are concerned about human trafficking.

They're in what amounts to the Ritz of detention centers. Why so worked up?

Trump campaign spokesperson claims parents of children separated at US border do not want them back

“The fact is it's not as simple as you make it sound or Joe Biden made it sound on the stage last night to locate the parents who are in other countries,” Mr Murtagh said.

“And when they do locate them, it has been DHS’ experience that in many cases the parents do not want the children returned,” he added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eparated-child-migrants-parents-b1262111.html

I would say we’ve finally hit rock bottom but I know that’s likely not the case with only a few more days to go before the election.

I’ve seen conservatives trumpet that same sentiment. Pure xenophobia. Those immigrants don’t want their kids back because the kidnappers told them so.

I’ve seen conservatives trumpet that same sentiment. Pure xenophobia. Those immigrants don’t want their kids back because the kidnappers told them so.

And don't let it be forgot that many, if not most, of those conservatives are also Evangelical Christians and conservative Catholics, who supposedly have a well-developed sense of morality. Except when it comes to immigrants and their kids, apparently.

Back