• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

these are the same people MDMH has been telling the Left to embrace as well and Democrats largely ignore it

I don’t understand what you are referencing here. Undocumented immigrants can’t vote, and I don’t see any value in the Democratic Party embracing Greg Gutfeld.

I don’t understand what you are referencing here. Undocumented immigrants can’t vote, and I don’t see any value in the Democratic Party embracing Greg Gutfeld.

no i mean, and i'm projecting here a bit but, Gutfeld is telling fox viewers they should try to embrace cohorts that Dems claim to represent but largely ignore like certain immigrant communities and economically underserved Americans in general

so Biden made mexico pay for the wall

Yeah exactly. He's implementing Trump's border security financing scheme better than Trump ever imagined. I don't really have a gripe with it. Until Congress passes some sort of immigration reform, drug war reform, and climate change policy, the border situation will have to be addressed piecemeal through executive order and international agreements.

Even with this new joint border security plan with Mexico, Biden will still be maligned by the right on illegal immigrants and MS-13.

Border enforcement is violent and racist no matter whether the rhetoric is explicitly racist.

no i mean, and i'm projecting here a bit but, Gutfeld is telling fox viewers they should try to embrace cohorts that Dems claim to represent but largely ignore like certain immigrant communities and economically underserved Americans in general

Thanks for explaining. I definitely agree with that, though I do have to reiterate for some dumb fucking reason, that I don’t believe the Democratic Party should purposefully embrace racists.

Seems like "purposefully" is doing a lot of work in that post. Why not just say the Democratic Party should not embrace racists?

I mean, we do want to make it harder to smuggle drugs into the country, right? With Biden we can assume he’s doing it for the right reasons, while everything Trump did was either to troll normal people or to rile up his base with racist bullshit.

Not sure I do. It raises the price and results in bigger profits for the cartels and police departments. Everyone else loses. Better off legalizing so there is no market for smuggling and taxes can go to schools and education.

Seems like "purposefully" is doing a lot of work in that post. Why not just say the Democratic Party should not embrace racists?

Because embracing voting groups that include racists is unavoidable, and attempting to avoid individual racist voters by rejecting whole regions and communities is wrong.

Not sure I do. It raises the price and results in bigger profits for the cartels and police departments. Everyone else loses. Better off legalizing so there is no market for smuggling and taxes can go to schools and education.

I agree we're better off legalizing or decriminalizing, depending on the substance, all drugs. We also need to have a simple and easy process for people to immigrate into our country. We rely on the labor from Mexico and Central America, but it's impossible for most of that labor to enter legally.

Democrats keep propping up fascists on the Republican side, ostensibly to make their path to victory more probable, but it also gives them a lot of leeway to be awful and fascist themselves/

Caring people: Buy asylum seekers a bus ticket to connect with family or friends.

Republicans:. Buy a bus ticket to traffic people to make a political point.

Given how much he hates Disney, I'm shocked he didn't just buy out the Grand Floridian and park them there indefinitely with park hopper passes. Would have been cheaper.

Given how much he hates Disney, I'm shocked he didn't just buy out the Grand Floridian and park them there indefinitely with park hopper passes. Would have been cheaper.

LOL. Best “I’m going to Disney World” ad ever.

That's good news. I hope he's ready to handle the death threats he's going to get from outside and inside his own department.

Back