• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Began the process- these EOs don't rescind most of Trump's orders, but establishes taskforces and reviews. This is a positive development and signals the possibility of the following actions, but little action has actually occurred in these EOs:

Reinstituting the CAM program
petting parents have Parole status to enter the country to be reunited with children
rescinds EO justifying family separation policy
ending MPP (remain in Mexico) - doesn't rescind at this time, but should in the near future
Evaluating the Public Charge rule

With these EOs, we also had statements from the State department that we will be cancelling agreements with other countries to assist with deportation and that the US will not expel unaccompanied minors.

So kids are still in the cages Biden built.

Coo coo.

Get with the program - The proper nomenclature is now "overflow facility".

It became irresponsible to use the term "cages" when discussing the detaining of children at the border effective shortly after noon on January 20th, 2021.

I love how angus is looking for gotchas on this but clearly didn't care about Trump doing it from start to finish in his term.

Angus reminds me of the first day of my Social Psychology class at Wake. Back in the day, students literally signed a piece of paper at registration to get into a class. The order of signing up was an arbitrary alphabetical list. One of the the very few gift grade classes was Social Psychology. If you weren't in the first two groups, you didn't get in.

Why was everyone trying to get that class? Because you gave yourself a grade. If wanted an A, you got an A.

Why does this apply to Angus? Well, I got into the class. On the first day of class, the prof went around the room for the twenty or so of us to introduce ourselves. He got to one guy and looked puzzled. That guy had decided to take the class, where you gave yourself a grade, pass/fail. After going over this fact with the student multiple times and the student sticking to his guns about taking pass/fail, the prof looked at Wonderful and I to ask, "How did he get into this school?"

Angus' posts remind me of that guy and the prof's question.

I love how angus is looking for gotchas on this but clearly didn't care about Trump doing it from start to finish in his term.

I mean he started where Obama finished. Hince most of the outrage photos were taken under Obama.
Coo Coo.

Weird considering Trump was dead set on reversing everything Obama did.

What if we criticized both administrations for their inhumane treatment of migrants and agreed no one should be in cages or Hieleras or overflow facilities?

between this and the WAAAR on Christmas I can really understand the intense feelings of points still standing.

I'm just glad to know that angus and catamount are on board with reversing both the Obama and Trump era immigration policies

Here's an article that explains the guidance. "Wholly abandoning his pledge to halt deportations" doesn't sound like an honest take. His guidance is to focus on those which are threats to national security or public safety and those who have recently crossed the border illegally, which would seem to go hand in hand with the new immigration bill they've released. So stop searching/harrassing people who have been living here and trying to improve their lives/support themselves/their families.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/18/969083367/biden-tells-ice-to-chill-new-rules-limit-who-immigration-agents-target-for-arres

Don't bother. The extreme left is nearly as dogmatic as the far right. They will challenge everything if they don't get 100% of what they want, yesterday.

Don't bother. The extreme left is nearly as dogmatic as the far right. They will challenge everything if they don't get 100% of what they want, yesterday.

I don't think that's particularly helpful, RJ. On a board where 90% of the talk is why Trump is bad, I think there's room for some talk about actual policy, regardless of whether I agree with MHB.

I would love to work with some of them and have offered to do so many times. Each time I am assailed, insulted, told that I know and it's their way or the highway. I wish it wasn't that way.

Back