• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

I'm confused: are you for the facilities or not?

I think the game plan for conservatives on this issue is pretty simple: keep saying that there is no difference whatsoever between Republicans and Democrats on border immigration policy, that Democrats also put immigrant kids in cages, facilities, whatever, and when liberals are discredited and driven into silence, conservatives will keep pressing to have immigrant kids locked in cages, separated from parents, and keep the punitive, nativist, anti-immigrant Trump policies in place as much as possible. Keep all those Latinos out of the US of A - we've got too many here already!

*Except for Cuban-Americans, of course.

Good post but you misspelled “some progressives.”

Angus is a sniveling shit, but he's right on this one.

This is a big black mark on the Biden administration. He should have had a plan for what to do with these kids last summer. That plan should not include keeping them in prisons. Foster care, group homes, etc. should have been lined up during the transition.

This is a good question. What should we do with the unaccompanied minors that arrive on the border? I think it was ChrisL that suggested we give them a bottle of water and send them to California. Seems a bit harsh.

Bird, the kids Trump left behind appeared at the border with their parents and were stolen from loving families by the hate-filled, racist policies of Trump, Miller and RWer apologists like Brad.

This is a good question. What should we do with the unaccompanied minors that arrive on the border? I think it was ChrisL that suggested we give them a bottle of water and send them to California. Seems a bit harsh.
I was being facetious.

This is a big black mark on the Biden administration. He should have had a plan for what to do with these kids last summer. That plan should not include keeping them in prisons. Foster care, group homes, etc. should have been lined up during the transition.

No he isn't. They are processing over 2k unaccompanied minors per week. It's straining resources as is not to even consider some pie in the sky progressive solution.

Biden's Administration is about to announce big news for those kids. The Biden Administration is offering parents of separated kids the option of coming to get their children and return to their home countries or to be reunited with their kids and try for US asylum. All the expenses (travel, food, healthcare, legal, etc.) for this will be paid by the US government.

Once the parents get to the US, they and the children will get mental health, employment and family counseling.

More will be announced shortly.

Yep, knee jerk lefties, you should be accusing Biden of being just like Trump before he had time to put a plan into operation.

"I'll take questions never asked on the Tunnels between 2017 - 2020 for $600 please, Alex (RIP)"

can I take this to mean if it were asked during the Trump years, you'll put up $600?

because we did talk about this, and we talked about how Obama set the stage for this, and we talked about how it was bad then, and we talked about how it became even more inhumane under the Trump administration

can I take this to mean if it were asked during the Trump years, you'll put up $600?

because we did talk about this, and we talked about how Obama set the stage for this, and we talked about how it was bad then, and we talked about how it became even more inhumane under the Trump administration

The point remains.

If the goal is quickly getting these minors to their family members in the US, why put them in foster care and group homes?

"I'll take questions never asked on the Tunnels between 2017 - 2020 for $600 please, Alex (RIP)"

Trump was separating children from families that showed up at the border. They actually boasted about the plan in an effort to deter people from showing up at the border with their kids. Biden is detaining kids that show up on their own without parents. Do you see the difference? Do you see why people might be up set about one policy and not the other?

I think we should immediately set them up with a job, preferably one that an uneducated white male use to do.

Why don't these dumbass kids just use their parents' airline miles or hotel points to book a place to crash when they get on the right side of the border? Destitute is as destitute does.

Back