• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford Hiring An Agent, Staying in Draft

This language used is very telling:

But the questionable decisions of Doral Moore and Bryant Crawford - who are both projected to go undrafted by the NBA - was a cruel, but perhaps fitting, end to an 11-20 year.

Moore, one of the most efficient scorers in the game last season, and Crawford, the Deacons’ top scorer and playmaker, both decided that they would rather take their chances at the professional level than attempt to help reassert Wake Forest in the upper half of the ACC.

Yep, but as David Glenn said today, the departures of Moore and Crawford are a red flag.

Ah yes, I now see how my original post looks bad - with the good 'ole boy reference. Your response had some merit, minus the 'dumb' personal anger/attacks.

It's hard to describe or type real examples because you have clearly misunderstood what I meant - that does not make you dumb - just me a bad typist or poster perhaps? What I meant by that is there always seemed to be a handful of NC residents, with ties to NC (family) not rednecks, not racists at all, just regular guys from NC, who loved college hoops. Good ole boy is not the best way to explain that - my bad. I don't have any female points of reference, but do from middle/high school. NC residents are kind of like Kentucky residents - you can tell a difference with respect to hoops.

And you could sense these faculty really, really appreciated the players. That's all I am saying. I think we may have lost some of that as we have recruited new (more elite) faculty.

I recall 1-2 in communications actually trying to connect with the players, before and after class. Not in a jock sniffing way, more like sincere interest in the players. My original point, which I obviously did not explain well is I question if we have any of that going on for the athletes and perhaps the students in general. It seems like wake is a 65K per year uber-competitive career factory with little mentoring and connections between faculty and student athletes, and perhaps students general - our sense of community. Just question that part of our "culture." Not sure it really exists the way I witnessed.

As for the southern regional stuff, I don't think students turned out for our non-sucking football program last year. Sure they will be at the ND game this year, but once we are not sucking at 6-4 in November hosting Pittsburgh with a shot at 8-4 and then 9-4 - they will not show up (unless we are 8-2 or 9-1). We will not be sucking. And we will blame it on Thanksgiving or whatever. Basketball is toast, since even a top-20 team will not draw how we have in the past. I think donaldross may be onto something.

Feel free to call all this drivel or "dumb" or whatever, all you like :) I typically stay cordial with fellow Deacs :)

I think everything you wrote has a lot to do with why you seem to not enjoy the school or games anymore, but nothing to do with why our basketball team isn’t any good.

Ah yes, I now see how my original post looks bad - with the good 'ole boy reference. Your response had some merit, minus the 'dumb' personal anger/attacks.

It's hard to describe or type real examples because you have clearly misunderstood what I meant - that does not make you dumb - just me a bad typist or poster perhaps? What I meant by that is there always seemed to be a handful of NC residents, with ties to NC (family) not rednecks, not racists at all, just regular guys from NC, who loved college hoops. Good ole boy is not the best way to explain that - my bad. I don't have any female points of reference, but do from middle/high school. NC residents are kind of like Kentucky residents - you can tell a difference with respect to hoops.

And you could sense these faculty really, really appreciated the players. That's all I am saying. I think we may have lost some of that as we have recruited new (more elite) faculty.

I recall 1-2 in communications actually trying to connect with the players, before and after class. Not in a jock sniffing way, more like sincere interest in the players. My original point, which I obviously did not explain well is I question if we have any of that going on for the athletes and perhaps the students in general. It seems like wake is a 65K per year uber-competitive career factory with little mentoring and connections between faculty and student athletes, and perhaps students general - our sense of community. Just question that part of our "culture." Not sure it really exists the way I witnessed.

As for the southern regional stuff, I don't think students turned out for our non-sucking football program last year. Sure they will be at the ND game this year, but once we are not sucking at 6-4 in November hosting Pittsburgh with a shot at 8-4 and then 9-4 - they will not show up (unless we are 8-2 or 9-1). We will not be sucking. And we will blame it on Thanksgiving or whatever. Basketball is toast, since even a top-20 team will not draw how we have in the past. I think donaldross may be onto something.

Feel free to call all this drivel or "dumb" or whatever, all you like :) I typically stay cordial with fellow Deacs :)
I’m so old that Dr Eure, Dr Gentry and Mayor Shirley were still teaching at WF and friendly to athletes. Are there no professors currently at WF who are willing to mentor and help athletes to the extent they can?

19 pages devoted to this loser? Why don't we cap it at 20 and put the rest of the complaints on the Danny Manning credibility thread?

SAys the guy who fucked someone with HIV

It's not about 1 page or 19 pages. it's about a constant drumbeat.

At huge schools, a couple of ELCs get swallowed by the group. We don't have that same luxury.

Other the selfish gratification, there is no justification for ElC's actions.

My bad, making yourselves think you are cool is far more important than our program

discussing a mediocre player leaving under questionable logic along with questioning the Regime's control of the program is somehow "trying to look cool"?

Last edited:
SAys the guy who fucked someone with HIV

It's not about 1 page or 19 pages. it's about a constant drumbeat.

At huge schools, a couple of ELCs get swallowed by the group. We don't have that same luxury.

Other the selfish gratification, there is no justification for ElC's actions.

My bad, making yourselves think you are cool is far more important than our program

What the fuck are you talking about?

I guess imitating RJ can be considered some kind of performance art.

ah yes, Frank's younger cousin.

but damn it for getting had by the master...

wonder what a journeyman player earns on the Mad Goat's roster

Goat-meat.jpg

So Ty Walker earned a Wake Forest degree and is still getting paid to travel around the world and play basketball through his 20s. Not bad. Good for him.

Back