• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford Hiring An Agent, Staying in Draft

I mean obviously Crawford and Moore are significantly better collegiate players than Ty Walker so not really sure what parallel you're trying to draw.

The point is that both Crawford and Moore have been told by NBA GM's, scouts and coaches that they are highly unlikely to be playing in the NBA in 2018. Much more likely is that they will be playing for teams almost no one on here had heard of in cities they've never heard of and in countries they likely haven't visited. With some possibility of them ending up on a G League team like the Maine Red Claws.

Oh, and no national TV exposure in the US.

You said you know what Crawford and Moore have been told by NBA GMs, coaches, and scouts. Do you have a source or are you just inferring this from the combine non-invite?

Also plenty of people take jobs out of college with companies they hadn’t heard of in places they aren’t familiar with.

You said you know what Crawford and Moore have been told by NBA GMs, coaches, and scouts. Do you have a source or are you just inferring this from the combine non-invite?

Inferred from combine non-invites and history that not being invited as a US based player is highly indicative of not being drafted.

Also plenty of people take jobs out of college with companies they hadn’t heard of in places they aren’t familiar with.

Agreed. Just provided one example of that in basketball.

That’s not a bad thing either.

That’s not a bad thing either.

Not necessarily bad. Just an example of what six years of professional basketball could look like for someone who is not in the NBA.11 cities to call home. Rent. Preferably month to month. Your next job may be on another continent. You may get to use whatever language you chose to fulfill the Wake requirement.

Seems like a pretty sweet setup for a 20-something.

I don’t presume to know what Crawford and Moore are thinking aside from the unknown is more preferable to the known.

I don’t presume to know what Crawford and Moore are thinking aside from the unknown is more preferable to the known.

Here is what they are thinking:

Not plating for Danny Manning at Wake Forest and pursuing a professional basketball career regardless of where it is in the world > playing for Danny Manning at Wake Forest

I don't know about y'all, but I think it'd be badass to play for the Akita Northern Happinets.

The Southern Happinets fans probably disagree.

So Ty Walker earned a Wake Forest degree and is still getting paid to travel around the world and play basketball through his 20s. Not bad. Good for him.

really good that he has the degree to fall back on when he needs to.

Here is what they are thinking:

Not plating for Danny Manning at Wake Forest and pursuing a professional basketball career regardless of where it is in the world > playing for Danny Manning at Wake Forest

exactly. it’s extremely unlikely that crawford and moore believe they’ll be playing in the nba next year.

Back