• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford Hiring An Agent, Staying in Draft

This isn't "new" information. We heard that he was gone when he declared. Most of us dealing in reality factored that into our thoughts on Manning months ago. Only a few were actually holding out hope that Craw would come back and help Manning with his 2nd Miracles.

The decision not to fire Manning in March will set us back another few of years. Instead of a new coach coming in with a decent 2018 recruiting class to build on and the chance for a 2019 new coach bump, the best of our 2018 class will jump Pro or transfer after next season when Manning is let go. Manning will be unable to recruit 2019 effectively. The cupboard will be completely bare at the end of next year, making a hire more difficult. We'll need 2020 and 2021 classes to build a base again. On the plus side, with the right hire, we should be good again in 4-5 years.

Or, Wellman will just keep Manning on anyway and we can put caring about Wake basketball on hold until 2025 or so.

Last edited:
Maybe Sage Surrat will rethink his football only decision.

Our players do not like playing for Wake Forest. We must make massive overhauls. This is institutional. Bad gym. Bad Coach. Bad AD. We must start over.

We must begin a rebuilding plan designed to win by 2025.

Of course it's institutional. I've been saying that for decades. Anybody but abject homers know it.

lol. I’m not sure how hard a 4 win team can’t get hit. Not like we will be much worse.

Crawford routinely frustrated us with dumb decisions on the court. Now he got us one last time with a dumb decision off the court. The rare double play.

This isn't "new" information. We heard that he was gone when he declared. Most of us dealing in reality factored that into our thoughts on Manning months ago. Only a few were actually holding out hope that Craw would come back and help Manning with his 2nd Miracles.

The decision not to fire Manning in March will set us back another few of years. Instead of a new coach coming in with a decent 2018 recruiting class to build on and the chance for a 2019 new coach bump, the best of our 2018 class will jump Pro or transfer after next season when Manning is let go. Manning will be unable to recruit 2019 effectively. The cupboard will be completely bare at the end of next year, making a hire more difficult. We'll need 2020 and 2021 classes to build a base again. On the plus side, with the right hire, we should be good again in 4-5 years.

Or, Wellman will just keep Manning on anyway and we can put caring about Wake basketball on hold until 2025 or so.

This. Last year would have been the perfect time to let Manning go. We all knew Manning was not the guy. There would have been progress and some hope. It would have even been better for Manning as he could point to leaving Wake in a better place.

None of that now for anyone.

All that energy RChill exerted was deffo worth it

If everyone on the boards chips in $5 maybe Crawford and Moore would agree to spill the beans on exactly how much of their decision is delusion and how much is Manning hate. That much cash would probably be more than a month's 2019 salary for them...

Maybe there will be some interviews after the draft where they'll explain how trying to claw their way into the last roster spot on the Cap City Go-Go's for $7k a month is still better than playing college ball for Danny Manning...

Glad I didn’t make any bets . With Crawford and Moore I would have place our chances of making the tournament pretty high. But it’s almost impossible to overcome that.

Sorry Danny, it will literally take a miracle for him to keep his job. Of course, if he somehow manages to make the tournament with this team it will be an absolute confirmation that he keeps his job. But I can’t see how that would happen.

Chill
Brown
Mucius
Hoard
Sarr

That’s way too young. Bench is going to be too thin.

So, have we finally reached rock bottom. Players are now so happy to get out of here that they are leaving on the hope of playing G-league. To be honest, I am not sure Crawford is G-league ready yet.

I did not think it was possible for a program to go backward from BZ, but that appears to be the case.

Time to blow it up. We get to look forward to one year of Hoard before the bottom completely falls off.

We keep saying this and we keep blowing by it

We should offer Creamy an exception to the self ban proclamation. He is a good and entertaining poster.

Glad I didn’t make any bets . With Crawford and Moore I would have place our chances of making the tournament pretty high. But it’s almost impossible to overcome that.

Sorry Danny, it will literally take a miracle for him to keep his job. Of course, if he somehow manages to make the tournament with this team it will be an absolute confirmation that he keeps his job. But I can’t see how that would happen.

Chill
Brown
Mucius
Hoard
Sarr

That’s way too young. Bench is going to be too thin.

Danny and the Miracles. We've been here before!

Back