• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford Hiring An Agent, Staying in Draft

Crawford
Moore
Woods
Mitchell
Washington
SJM
Wilbekin
Thompson

Has to be like 85% of our scoring or something.

Wow, that is depressing. I remember being really excited a year ago about the 18-19 season, since all we were losing was Wilbekin.

lol. I’m not sure how hard a 4 win team can’t get hit. Not like we will be much worse.

It was so frustrating last year to see us snatch defeat from the jaws from victory. At least we won't have to worry about that next year.

I think its time for Connor to do the end of season one on one interview with Manning...he needs to go after him hard. Its amazing how Wellman and Manning offer almost no access to the media.

Finally Brandon Childress will have the freedom to reach his full potential in the new Wake Forest backcourt.

Glad I didn’t make any bets . With Crawford and Moore I would have place our chances of making the tournament pretty high. But it’s almost impossible to overcome that.

Sorry Danny, it will literally take a miracle for him to keep his job. Of course, if he somehow manages to make the tournament with this team it will be an absolute confirmation that he keeps his job. But I can’t see how that would happen.

Chill
Brown
Mucius
Hoard
Sarr

That’s way too young. Bench is going to be too thin.

#Foreveryoung

The decision to retain Manning in the hopes that Welman departs before the end of next season is looking worse and worse in retrospect. We should have taken a chance on any coach available, and maybe still should because this will totally screw the 2019 recruiting class and now we are going to suck for another three seasons at least.

Well, the good news is we will only recognize 3 players from last year's dumpster fire of a team. Time for new leaders to step up, but man is it going to be tough.

Last edited:
Crawford with the symbolic turnover here in the last minute of a tight game. Fitting indeed.

Leaving early without a degree to go play D-league or euro ball is just stupid, regardless of whether you dislike playing for Manning. It's your life on the line.

Crawford with the symbolic turnover here in the last minute of a tight game. Fitting indeed.

Leaving early without a degree to go play D-league or euro ball is just stupid, regardless of whether you dislike playing for Manning. It's your life on the line.

Bingo!

This was even dumber than Doral leaving.

yep

Bingo!

yep

hZQyoeA.png

#Foreveryoung

The decision to retain Manning in the hopes that Welman departs before the end of next season is looking worse and worse in retrospect. We should have taken a chance on any coach available, and maybe still should because this will totally screw the 2019 recruiting class and now we are going to suck for another three seasons at least.

We should go hire Wes this afternoon.

Very athletic player whose mental abilities on the court never approached the physical ones. Only way for Wellman to spin this is that Danny is establishing a new culture so some had to go. Come to think of it, that was what Bezzledick was supposed to do, hmmmm. Wellman should be fired after a certain grace period he has earned by other good deeds, let's say, 24 hours then?

We should go hire Wes this afternoon.

We probably should hire anybody, literally anybody, this afternoon. Why not? We are going to suck for at least three more years regardless.

Bingo!

Is it really that dumb? He's not developing next year on a bad team so i don't think there is anything about one more year at Wake under a below-average coach that helps his professional stock. It's also not like he's staying to play for any kind of championship.

So he leaves early, gets a 6-figure paycheck earlier and tries to make a career playing hoops. I don't think having a degree really matters to Crawford, nor should it. It's probably most important to get the extra year of earnings.

Not surprised at all. My feeling at this point is if you don't want to be here then leave. There's some good talent in that starting 5 and hopefully they play with passion and heart. I'd rather lose with guys who want to represent Wake and play hard instead of lose with head cases. Either way we know next year will be tough, just like the last 10. Last season was disturbingly uninspiring.

Last edited:
Ron Wellman has absolutely savaged our basketball program.

Is it really that dumb? He's not developing next year on a bad team so i don't think there is anything about one more year at Wake under a below-average coach that helps his professional stock. It's also not like he's staying to play for any kind of championship.

So he leaves early, gets a 6-figure paycheck earlier and tries to make a career playing hoops. I don't think having a degree really matters to Crawford, nor should it. It's probably most important to get the extra year of earnings.

At some point, people are going to stop paying you to play basketball. It comes earlier for some than others. What do you do then?

Back