• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford Hiring An Agent, Staying in Draft

Seems like some here are rooting against Crawford and Moore finding success in their pro careers. While the decision to give up their senior year did not appear to be either player's interest, now that it is done, hope both exceed expectation and find success in the NBA, G-League or some international venue.

FWIW, if the contention is that either Crawford or Moore would've had a better pro career had they stayed an extra year, let's hope through hard work this Summer they get to a place where their talent shines through. Whether DM remains the coach past next season or not, WF benefits if its basketball players find professional success.

Not rooting against, but it was a bad decision by both. I get the feeling that Moore worked as hard as humanly possible for him to get to his level of fitness last year and simply wanted to get paid by somebody if he were going to work that hard for a sustained amount of time ever again. Fair enough, I just think in his case as I have said many times - he needed to string two really good seasons together in a row to be a draft possibility. His last two years of high school + first two years of college amounted to very little production for a future NBA player.

In Crawford's case, he needed to develop NBA point guard skills. I think if I were him, I would have identified Marcus Smart as someone to emulate. Minus the flopping. He chose not to do that and he is almost certain to either play in the D league or overseas. I do think he has a good body to excel overseas and make a pretty good living for the next 8 or 9 years. That certainly ain't nothing.

Moore I hold Manning accountable
Craw I hold Chill accountable

I actually do wonder how much both coaches wanted these guys around next year for different reasons.

Crawford playing on the Brooklyn Nets summer league team.

Finally, he made a good decision. Taking a slot on the Nets is much better for Craw than playing this summer for the Sixers. The Nets could use a third PG at the minimum. If he has a good summer, there's a shot he could get invited to camp.

Finally, he made a good decision. Taking a slot on the Nets is much better for Craw than playing this summer for the Sixers. The Nets could use a third PG at the minimum. If he has a good summer, there's a shot he could get invited to camp.

More likely using summer league to try out for Euro league.

It may help to have the coaching staff looking for players at your position because they may tend to run the team to get a good look at what players at their position(s) of interest can do. E.g. if the team is trying to identify a usable point guard, the summer league coach may put the prospects in decision making situations as often as he can to see how the players react. Or he may set up more isolation plays for the PG. Better showcase than if the PG is just supposed to dribble up court and toss the ball to a big.

That may be true, but the Nets only have 2 real PGs on their depth chart. Add to this, the Sixers took Shamet in the first round and have multiple PGs on their roster. He wouldn't have seen minutes in the summer.

Who said anything about the Sixers?

Props for posting this news - I just saw it as well. Hope he makes the league but who knows.

Ayo... there had been some talk (maybe just Sixers fan talk) of the Sixers signing Crawford onto their summer league squad. Not sure if it was really an option for him, but the Nets do make more sense from a PT standpoint.

Last edited:
Bryant Crawford to Israel.

http://basket.co.il/news.asp?id=19237

281cd067-7de4-4821-81f3-b262af2927f3.jpeg

I’m happy for him. Congratulations!

Looks like Gilboa Galil plays in a 2,500-seat arena. DR is salivating.

If we take Maccabi Tel Aviv and Hapoel Jerusalem –which are a league of their own and pay an average salary of about $500,000 (a bit less in Jerusalem) – out of the equation, the average salary for a foreign player ranges from $90,000 to $110,000.

Not bad.

Good for Bryant. Believe that something along these lines was what BC expected when he declared.

Happy to see him getting paid to play... hope he does well.

looks like Crawford's thinking was that he would not get an NBA contract even if he stayed another year, and he did not care for DM, so why stay? just start your overseas career a year earlier

It was still an incredibly stupid decision. Even if he plays for 15 years and makes an average of 150k, he's going to need to do something afterwards at the ripe age of 35 or so. Staying another year and getting a Wake degree is unquestionably the right call.

It was still an incredibly stupid decision. Even if he plays for 15 years and makes an average of 150k, he's going to need to do something afterwards at the ripe age of 35 or so. Staying another year and getting a Wake degree is unquestionably the right call.

I can’t tell if this is trolling or not. I’m leaning towards yes.

Back