• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's Pardons

I guess at this point I shouldn’t be surprised that this POS is actually celebrating these pardons as some sort of heroic act.

Haha congratulations on a fucking pardon for selling your country out.

Well done sailor, angus, and the rest of you anti-American Trumpist rubes.

don't you have to admit guilt to the crimes committed to be pardoned? I guess he did in court. Not that that matters to law and order born again christian republicans.

don't you have to admit guilt to the crimes committed to be pardoned? I guess he did in court. Not that that matters to law and order born again christian republicans.

No. Presidential Pardons do not require any admission of guilt. They don't require indictment either.

Does a pardon from the worst potus ever count the same? I'm thinking it would be a janky shitty pardon that might provide a little protection but not very much.

This is really an interesting decision that the courts will face. Will they allow the executive to do whatever illegal stuff they want? Think about if we had a more effective crook in the white house than trump. He/she could fleece the country for 8 years, and pardon himself on the way out the door.

Does self pardoning affect future presidential runs?

Such a pardon, assuming courts uphold it, would not present a legal issue for running. However, it might not play well in the court of public opinion. The negative advertising opportunities would be yuuuge.

ETA:

"In his heart, he knows he is a crook." [picture of Trump]

Last edited:
75M people know he's a shady ass dude and they still voted for him. It wouldn't affect his popularity with the deplorables of this nation one bit.

probably not. thanks to our stellar system of government it probably makes you immune to future impeachment inquiries.

I actually hope he pardons himself and his whole family. To most anyone not part of his base, it'll be an inference of guilt. And it will take all pressure off the DOJ as to whether to file federal charges, which could cause a backlash at Biden. Then bring on any state charges.

Back