• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's Pardons

Perhaps I missed it... but I don't remember the outrage from the Tunnels' Left when the greatest president in modern history commuted the sentence of Oscar López Rivera whose terrorist group was responsible for more than 120 bombings in the US leading to the deaths of 5 people.

Just to refresh the selective memories, here is an article from the very conservative Politico:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/oscar-lopez-commutation-barack-obama-214685

He served 35 years in prison. Whether you agree with commutation or not, you do have to acknowledge he served 35 years in prison as opposed to the 28 he would have served if Obama had commuted his sentence early. It's fine if you want to make a big deal about someone staying in prison until he's 74 as opposed to 94, but let's not claim this equivalent to Trump.

Perhaps I missed it... but I don't remember the outrage from the Tunnels' Left when the greatest president in modern history commuted the sentence of Oscar López Rivera whose terrorist group was responsible for more than 120 bombings in the US leading to the deaths of 5 people.

Just to refresh the selective memories, here is an article from the very conservative Politico:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/oscar-lopez-commutation-barack-obama-214685

yes, i had to refresh my memory on that and agree that i don't/didn't see the rational for that pardon either.

having said that, outrage for that should present outrage for these pardons, no?

What an embarrassing word salad from the guy that wants to be the next Speaker of the House.

"You'd go nuts if a Democratic president started pardoning his political allies"
"Did you see he pardoned a black man? Also there was no collusion."

Also, interesting wording earlier in the interview:

Look, the one thing I have found, this has gone on for more than a year. Millions of dollars has been spent. The White House has been cooperating all the way through. This was all based upon, was there collusion involved in the election? Everyone who has looked at this says there is no collusion going forward.

He uses the phrase "no collusion going forward" again later in the interview, so it's clearly a planned talking point. Pathetic.

Try telling your spouses there's "no affairs going forward" and see how they take it.

What an embarrassing word salad from the guy that wants to be the next Speaker of the House.

"You'd go nuts if a Democratic president started pardoning his political allies"
"Did you see he pardoned a black man? Also there was no collusion."

If you were wondering why Trump randomly pardoned Jack Johnson, there's your answer.

jhmd wisely hiding out during this very shitty period of feckless cunts in the conservative majority.

Yeah. Trump didn't ask. He declared.

He’s not going to be impeached especially not by Republicans.

Back