Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Pardons

Trump's Pardons

Looks like this is going to be its own separate category of Trump's abuse of power so might as well start cataloging them.

I disagree with you
    i'm sure Sailor has a great explanation for these decisions

Who in the world wants to see Blagojevich pardoned? And why pardon a 76 year old woman who has already served her time? Just to clear her record of the felony?

Punishingly Intricate
    Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Who in the world wants to see Blagojevich pardoned? And why pardon a 76 year old woman who has already served her time? Just to clear her record of the felony?
    Comey was responsible for the Stewart indictment I figure it's a shot at him

Rusty Larue
    Meh

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Bernie Madoff is going to be pardoned and replace Wilbur Mills.

Has someone ever been pardoned for campaign finance violations? Seems like a rather obvious conflict of interest. Forgetting the Russian implication for a minute, imagine if Hilary had pardoned someone who used illegal contributions to help elect Democrats. (I actually sort of anticipate that Bill Clinton had done this, but I don't see it yet. Mark Rich, while a contributor, does not qualify because he was pardoned for something else).

So in other words, Trump uses his power to go after his political enemies and to protect/save his allies. He's trying to be King.

I seem to recall that past Presidents' pardons were generally restricted to random situations where the circumstances seemed unjust. Any sort of "ally" pardons were generally done only as their Presidential terms were expiring. I don't recall controversial "ally" pardons done like a year into the Presidency. Also, any controversial "ally" pardons were typically done fairly quietly, i.e. they didn't make a big deal about them. Trump, on the other hand, is just flouting all of it.

I disagree with you
    this is what happens when 70% of your bureaucracy operates solely on 'norms'

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Thatís what happens when one party hates regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    So in other words, Trump uses his power to go after his political enemies and to protect/save his allies. He's trying to be King...
    Yep. Or dictator.

He kisses up to dictators because he admires their ďstrengthĒ or power.

And while prattling on about law and order in a highly selective manner, he obviously hates the rule of law.

Apparently this is what we deserve.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Runs a little counter to "Drain the Swamp". So it's a half-assed attempt at bipartisanship.

Lol goddamn these people canít shut up with the dumb comments

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Trump's Pardons

Been awhile since Iíve cared about Blagojevich. Didnít he get caught on tape trying to sell Obamaís old seat? Something like ďIíve got this thing and itís worth something.Ē