• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's Pardons

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
Looks like this is going to be its own separate category of Trump's abuse of power so might as well start cataloging them.

Who in the world wants to see Blagojevich pardoned? And why pardon a 76 year old woman who has already served her time? Just to clear her record of the felony?

Who in the world wants to see Blagojevich pardoned? And why pardon a 76 year old woman who has already served her time? Just to clear her record of the felony?

Comey was responsible for the Stewart indictment I figure it's a shot at him

Bernie Madoff is going to be pardoned and replace Wilbur Mills.

Has someone ever been pardoned for campaign finance violations? Seems like a rather obvious conflict of interest. Forgetting the Russian implication for a minute, imagine if Hilary had pardoned someone who used illegal contributions to help elect Democrats. (I actually sort of anticipate that Bill Clinton had done this, but I don't see it yet. Mark Rich, while a contributor, does not qualify because he was pardoned for something else).

So in other words, Trump uses his power to go after his political enemies and to protect/save his allies. He's trying to be King.

I seem to recall that past Presidents' pardons were generally restricted to random situations where the circumstances seemed unjust. Any sort of "ally" pardons were generally done only as their Presidential terms were expiring. I don't recall controversial "ally" pardons done like a year into the Presidency. Also, any controversial "ally" pardons were typically done fairly quietly, i.e. they didn't make a big deal about them. Trump, on the other hand, is just flouting all of it.

this is what happens when 70% of your bureaucracy operates solely on 'norms'

That’s what happens when one party hates regulations.

So in other words, Trump uses his power to go after his political enemies and to protect/save his allies. He's trying to be King...

Yep. Or dictator.

He kisses up to dictators because he admires their “strength” or power.

And while prattling on about law and order in a highly selective manner, he obviously hates the rule of law.

Apparently this is what we deserve.

Been awhile since I’ve cared about Blagojevich. Didn’t he get caught on tape trying to sell Obama’s old seat? Something like “I’ve got this thing and it’s worth something.”

Back