• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College World Series Thread (NWT)

Predicting Coach Pollard and Duke find themselves in the College World Series after tonight.

Should be a great final game and have enjoyed watching the Blue Devils team as their bats are on fire. Will be interesting to see who pitches for both and whether they stay with their typical starters which don't have stellar ERAs for both teams (Martin is 3rd starter for Raiders with 4.56 ERA and Day is Duke's typical day 1 starter but has yet to pitch and sports a 5.05 ERA) and see what they can get from them and then use their aces in the bullpen to get through the rest of the games or start with some of their bullpen aces to see if they can pitch for a # of innings?? I will say I think Pollard made questionable call in game 2 putting one of their bullpen aces with a 1.5 ERA out there last night when up that big?? He should still be available today with only 1.2 innings pitched, but still save the big arms for the next day or at least until they cut the lead down to 5-6? Didn't make sense to me, but Duke still has 3 strong arms in the bullpen that should be good for 2 innings a piece given the limited use they have had to date. I know it is the Blue Devils, but hard not to pull for a fellow ACC team that is on the cusp of their first CWS.

Not hard for me. A CWS with both Carolina and Duke? No thx.

Should be a great final game and have enjoyed watching the Blue Devils team as their bats are on fire. Will be interesting to see who pitches for both and whether they stay with their typical starters which don't have stellar ERAs for both teams (Martin is 3rd starter for Raiders with 4.56 ERA and Day is Duke's typical day 1 starter but has yet to pitch and sports a 5.05 ERA) and see what they can get from them and then use their aces in the bullpen to get through the rest of the games or start with some of their bullpen aces to see if they can pitch for a # of innings?? I will say I think Pollard made questionable call in game 2 putting one of their bullpen aces with a 1.5 ERA out there last night when up that big?? He should still be available today with only 1.2 innings pitched, but still save the big arms for the next day or at least until they cut the lead down to 5-6? Didn't make sense to me, but Duke still has 3 strong arms in the bullpen that should be good for 2 innings a piece given the limited use they have had to date. I know it is the Blue Devils, but hard not to pull for a fellow ACC team that is on the cusp of their first CWS.

This is one of the most disgusting things I have read on this board, and i read RJKs short story.

UNC had been undefeated this year when leading after 7 innings (something like 41-0). UNC led 6-3 heading into the 8th and gave up 8 runs over the last two innings. This is UNC's 11th empty trip to the CWS.

Pooooor Heels.

Nice bullpen management Mike Fox

Yep. His moves were disastrous. Or, the relievers he brought into the game were disastrous. Fox should have left his freshman pitcher in the game. This is not the 1st time that he has mismanaged his staff in Omaha.

Back