• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What "added" TV character bothers you the most?

I think most people like the Lithgow season (Season 4). Just don't go past that. First two seasons are fantastic.
I thought it was generally accepted that the Lithgow season was the best season.

*Hot take alert* - I thought Robert California was great and very funny

Weeds is a show that suffered long, slow decline after about season 2. With one slight bump when Zack Morris nailed Nancy Botwin in that bar.

Man, season 2 was so good, though. The last couple of seasons of that show were brutally bad.

Worst
The Sand Snakes - Game of Thrones
Kaitlyn Cooper - The OC
Almost every new character added when Scrubs was struggling to keep going after it logically should have ended, especially Dave Franco
Randy - That 70's Show
The new deputies - Reno 911!
Charlie Sheen - Spin City

Best
Daario Naharis - Game of Thrones, I like Ed Skrein but Huisman's version of the character was the better one for TV
Freighter Crew (minus the mercenaries) - LOST
Butters - South Park
Erin & Andy - The Office
Taub, Thirteen, and Kutner - House

if we're talking worst added OC characters, Volchok was wayyyy worse than Kaitlyn

if we're talking worst added OC characters, Volchok was wayyyy worse than Kaitlyn
He killed Marissa, therefore he is not the worst. However, he did indirectly lead to Kaitlyn... so maybe he is the worst actually?

If we're talking best OC character, at least we can all agree that it is Summer Roberts.

Didn't Worf have a kid that got a lot of screen time on Star Trek New Gen? I couldn't stand that little twerp ...

Didn't Worf have a kid that got a lot of screen time on Star Trek New Gen? I couldn't stand that little twerp ...

Nah, Alexander was just on 8 TNG episodes, 2 DS9s. Even then, he was played by different actors playing the character at different ages. Young Alexander was annoying, but he was important for Worf's development, so I give him a pass.

ETA - The actor that played Alexander initially has another role that definitely warrants inclusion on this list - Andy Keaton on "Family Ties" who fits within the "Cousin Oliver" trope.

Last edited:
Back