• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting a new job today.

Was part of layoffs about a month ago. New job same as the old job, but much better. Should have pulled the band-aid off years ago.

6am flight up to NYC this morning, though. That 4am alarm felt really early for a guy who has been getting up with his kids everyday at 7am for the last month.

I was all stressed out on Saturday afternoon, so went to get some smack tea to take the edge off. Anyway, this dude who is a regular comes in, but right behind him was his wife and daughter. I get one look at the wife and have a sort of flashback (this isn't going to be as good as it should be): I briefly worked with this woman at WFDD my freshman year of college 20 years ago. Like, we didn't work WITH each other, but she had an on-air weekend slot, and I did, too, and maybe I took over for her. It definitely wasn't as close a connection to warrant how I reacted, and they both probably think I am a weirdo/lunatic now, because I was all "Oh shit, you are from Winston-Salem and worked at WFDD; me too!!!!!" They were both Reynolds kids -- he was a little older, class of '92 I think, and she would have been class of '94/'95, but I tell you it was weird, Chat Thread.

Then the guy gave me a dropper of this CBD oil that he had just bought and that shit was potent. I am going to buy some. Smoothed me right out.

Starting a new job today.

Was part of layoffs about a month ago. New job same as the old job, but much better. Should have pulled the band-aid off years ago.

6am flight up to NYC this morning, though. That 4am alarm felt really early for a guy who has been getting up with his kids everyday at 7am for the last month.

So you’re a traveling male nurse who got laid off for not removing Band-Aids and then you became a Manny and now you have a new traveling male nurse job?

I wonder if those people have recently stepped foot in a public library.

Of course not. The Forsyth County libraries (presumably the one they're passive-aggressively bitching about) are always bustling. They provide so much to the community as you mentioned, and not just from lending books/periodicals/magazines/newspapers: programs, meeting spaces, studying spaces, and internet access. Concerning the latter, their note also heavily implied that everyone has access to the internet and other sources of information. It was very short-sighted, and full of the entitlement you see from others in 'my taxes are too high and they're doing what for me exactly?' arguments.

our family went to the library today. :shrug

We usually go weekly, at least.

So you’re a traveling male nurse who got laid off for not removing Band-Aids and then you became a Manny and now you have a new traveling male nurse job?

clubhj.gif

Sucks when you have to drop a deuce 20 minutes after you get out of the shower

Nailed it.

It’s actually similar to being a travel nurse except it’s financial sales and I contribute much less to society.

In other news, Jerome Bettis was on my flight this morning. Still looks good.

Speaking of 4th grade writings, I shared this on FB the other day but it cracked me up. This note my mom found in my room at home. 4th grade LadyDeac was stone cold apparently.

Josh.png

Speaking of 4th grade writings, I shared this on FB the other day but it cracked me up. This note my mom found in my room at home. 4th grade LadyDeac was stone cold apparently.

Josh.png

Nowhere near as good as Monk's.

Did Josh ever see the note??

That's pretty good hand-writing for a fourth grader. And impressive to be using carets already.

So...the hypothesis on my FB comments was that this was my "draft" of the letter that I then re-wrote and sent to Josh.

And funny you should mention the carets. I hadn't really noticed that, but now I'm realizing that the "But" and "Please" may in fact be in my mom's handwriting. So apparently she was my copy editor :laugh:

I just spent more than five minutes analyzing the handwriting only to come to the conclusion that it's not enough text to make a determination about scribal hands. Can you please provide more examples of both your hand and your mother's? I'm literally a professional

I feel like this is important to working out your romantic agency as a fourth grader. How much influence did your mother wield over your (albeit brief) courtship with Josh? How has it affected your romantic life since then?

I just spent more than five minutes analyzing the handwriting only to come to the conclusion that it's not enough text to make a determination about scribal hands. Can you please provide more examples of both your hand and your mother's? I'm literally a professional

I feel like this is important to working out your romantic agency as a fourth grader. How much influence did your mother wield over your (albeit brief) courtship with Josh? How has it affected your romantic life since then?

nod.gif

LOL

I have a vague memory of being very nervous about Josh asking me out because I didn't really know him that well and wasn't at all interested in the "going out" thing in elementary school.

LOL

I have a vague memory of being very nervous about Josh asking me out because I didn't really know him that well and wasn't at all interested in the "going out" thing in elementary school.

I can see these nerves manifested most clearly in the aborted descenders on your "y" letterforms and the tight, single-compartment "a"s punctuating your prose. The octavo format of the letter strikes me as rather uncommon in fourth grade coterie friendships (I'd expect to see what is called in technical language the "cootie catcher format"), but perhaps it is fitting for the purported romantic context of what I will call the "Josh missive." I concede however that epistolary forms are not my specialty, especially exchanges among this particular age cohort.

I can see these nerves manifested most clearly in the aborted descenders on your "y" letterforms and the tight, single-compartment "a"s punctuating your prose. The octavo format of the letter strikes me as rather uncommon in fourth grade coterie friendships (I'd expect to see what is called in technical language the "cootie catcher format"), but perhaps it is fitting for the purported romantic context of what I will call the "Josh missive." I concede however that epistolary forms are not my specialty, especially exchanges among this particular age cohort.

084.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back