• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
At home coffee prep is pretty much all cold brew for me these days(summer), otherwise pour-over.

I never make coffee at home during the week unless I'm working from home for much of the morning.

We have a Keurig at work and I mostly use the provided k-cups, but occasionally I'll snag some of my coworker's locally roasted coffee and use a k-cup filter to brew that. it's definitely way superior, but kind of a hassle to clean so I don't do it that often.

Drip coffee every morning from a decent machine with fresh ground beans. It’s fine/pretty good. I can probably do better. First step will be getting a hand burr grinder and to relegate my blade grinder to spice duty. Then I can use the French press more often and get a cheapo pour over.

i went to VIVA CHICKEN for lunch, that place is v dope but now i am in a food coma at my desk

I never make coffee at home during the week unless I'm working from home for much of the morning.

We have a Keurig at work and I mostly use the provided k-cups, but occasionally I'll snag some of my coworker's locally roasted coffee and use a k-cup filter to brew that. it's definitely way superior, but kind of a hassle to clean so I don't do it that often.

This largely holds true for me, with the exception being cold brew since I can make a couple days worth at time in the evening and there's zero prep required in the morning.

There’s a great Venezuelan spot about a quarter mile from our apartment. I had never tried the food before but it’s delicious.

i went to VIVA CHICKEN for lunch, that place is v dope but now i am in a food coma at my desk

Yeah dude. Quarter chicken, fried yuca, green beans, one green/one yellow sauce is my go-to. It's almost impossible to finish and not feel absurdly full.

There’s a great Venezuelan spot about a quarter mile from our apartment. I had never tried the food before but it’s delicious.
You talking about Orinoco? They have one in South End and one up by Harvard. Their sandwiches are so fucking good, easily my favorite lunch spot in Boston.

I used to have a Peruvian chicken joint like 2 blocks from me in DC. went there usually once a week. half chicken, yucca and black beans (or sometimes double yucca) and plenty of sauce.

Went to Roasting Company for lunch. Had chicken over rice with jaco sauce. Also had black beans, green beans, and white bean stew.

This largely holds true for me, with the exception being cold brew since I can make a couple days worth at time in the evening and there's zero prep required in the morning.

How do you make your cold brew?

Also, my preferred coffee brewing is the aeropress. I also have a French press for when I want more than a single cup.

How do you make your cold brew?

Also, my preferred coffee brewing is the aeropress. I also have a French press for when I want more than a single cup.

I usually do iced lattes. Shot of espresso poured into iced frothed milk and then shaken.

other than back bay sandwich, I mean

I miss back bay sandwich

You guys in Boston need to get the Biryani at Moby Dick near Symphony Hall, with some of that white sauce on it. I get it like five times every time I go up. It's like 15 bucks though.

I love French press, but typically, I’ll set the cuisinart auto drip on timer and come in from a run to find pretty good coffee.

Weekdays have a French Press that I cook up when I get to work and allow for that 30 minute gap necessary for maximum coffee effectiveness. However, the grinder is of less quality, so it inhibits max press quality.

Weekends depend on the kiddo. Chiller equals Chemex pour over, and non-chiller equals scramble to french press.

Each are great and have a different mouth-feel.

Overall key, excellent burr grinder.

Just steep it overnight in a Takeya pitcher I got from Amazon:
https://takeyausa.com/pages/how-to-brew-cold-brew-coffee

One pitcher is usually 3 days of coffee for me. I usually cut it with a bit of water and/or a scoop of vanilla protein powder in morning.

Interesting. I just fill a mason jar with a 1:4 coffee:water ratio, stir, set in fridge to steep for 24 hours, and then filter through a normal coffee filter into another mason jar. Pretty easy set up. I'll mostly cut it with some water but I have done chocolate milk in the past and it is delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back