• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Roasting Company for lunch. Had chicken over rice with jaco sauce. Also had black beans, green beans, and white bean stew.

RoCo is underrated. But, good lord, I feel bad for your office mates and family after that meal.

Private offices. Also, I went with the two other people in my office.

If you're ever there on Chicken Pot Pie Day, order that and plan on a light dinner.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
What counts for optimism for me these days: applying for a cool sounding job that most likely will be term-limited at a max of three years and will require me to take like a 15% paycut. Optimism lasted about as long as it took to type that sentence.

NextDoor drama of the week: our borough uses a per-bag system vs a monthly/quarterly bill, basically pay as you go. Recently, the borough's supplier shipped bags that were of a shittier quality and the citizenry is fucking up in arms about the fragility of the new bags. Along comes some old lady: "i don't see what the problems are, maybe people are stuffing too much into their bags. I only put out one bag of trash a month".

thanks, St. Garbage, for your input.

NextDoor drama of the week: our borough uses a per-bag system vs a monthly/quarterly bill, basically pay as you go. Recently, the borough's supplier shipped bags that were of a shittier quality and the citizenry is fucking up in arms about the fragility of the new bags. Along comes some old lady: "i don't see what the problems are, maybe people are stuffing too much into their bags. I only put out one bag of trash a month".

thanks, St. Garbage, for your input.

You get free trash bags?

no, they're $3.75/bag and hold roughly two typical garbage bags. our recycling is 'free'.

I just spent way too much time going back over some of BKF's posts (the ones that weren't deleted) and I've come to the conclusion that he was likely diagnosed with cancer and started treatment at some point in 2015. There's a span where he didn't post for a couple months and then came back, deleted a ton of old posts, and started posting as a Tea Party member. No real transition from Howard Dean sycophantic liberal to the far right.

Most likely indicates a major life change and we know that he was diagnosed with cancer at some point. It would explain a lot. Sad story but true.

All y'all posting about Peruvian chicken joints not choosing plantains as your other side with yucca - huh? Plantains all day long

LOL at “plantains” without clarifying tostones or maduros.

I have no idea what that ITC NextDoor bag nonsense means. Where do you live?

I just spent way too much time going back over some of BKF's posts (the ones that weren't deleted) and I've come to the conclusion that he was likely diagnosed with cancer and started treatment at some point in 2015. There's a span where he didn't post for a couple months and then came back, deleted a ton of old posts, and started posting as a Tea Party member. No real transition from Howard Dean sycophantic liberal to the far right.

Most likely indicates a major life change and we know that he was diagnosed with cancer at some point. It would explain a lot. Sad story but true.

Maybe the business into which he put a lifetime of blood and effort was sold to a non-white female who was not native to the US.

Sure, the effort was not his and it was literal blood from the life he murdered but even so it may have been traumatizing.

Got maduros and tostones in my freezer right now, air fryer works great for both

instead of paying the borough or garbage company directly for service, we buy individual bags. so it works as a "pay for the garbage you produce" method. You can buy them at the Grocery store or town hall.

The supplier of the bags either changed the type of bag or sent a cheaper version, one that is pierced/rips far, far more easily than the prior version. It's mildly annoying but on NextDoor, you'd think Donald Trump was just elected King for life

Tostones >>> maduros, IMHO, although both are very good. Maduros are basically dessert to me.

instead of paying the borough or garbage company directly for service, we buy individual bags. so it works as a "pay for the garbage you produce" method. You can buy them at the Grocery store or town hall.

The supplier of the bags either changed the type of bag or sent a cheaper version, one that is pierced/rips far, far more easily than the prior version. It's mildly annoying but on NextDoor, you'd think Donald Trump was just elected King for life

Fucking yankees.

it's pretty great if you're not a big trash producer but it's yeah it's got it's drawbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back