• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tostones >>> maduros, IMHO, although both are very good. Maduros are basically dessert to me.

Yep. I make great tostones. Tostones made from green plantains that are starting to go yellow give you tostones texture with a little maduros taste.

If you’re in South Florida, check out Pincho Factory. It’s a local chain that makes a Toston Burger, a burger with tostones buns. One of the best burgers I’ve ever had.

I kind of see the utility of the bag plan. We use 3 bags a week of trash on average. Just seems like a major hassle especially when throwing out bigger items that can’t be recycled like packing styrofoam and such.

The Tunnels are so much worse with Bob back. Why do people continue to engage with him?

I just spent way too much time going back over some of BKF's posts (the ones that weren't deleted) and I've come to the conclusion that he was likely diagnosed with cancer and started treatment at some point in 2015. There's a span where he didn't post for a couple months and then came back, deleted a ton of old posts, and started posting as a Tea Party member. No real transition from Howard Dean sycophantic liberal to the far right.

Most likely indicates a major life change and we know that he was diagnosed with cancer at some point. It would explain a lot. Sad story but true.

I’m pretty sure awhile ago I sent people actually clinically relevant, to the best of online diagnosing you can do, with links to primary literature of what I thought most likely happened based off of the type of cancer and likely treatment. However the easier explanation is he is an old racist asshole that just happened to have cancer.

Fucking yankees.

If you live in the like 10x3 block area that counts as downtown Wilmington, NC they have a very similar trash bag policy with special curb-side pickup. They gave you a certain amount of free trash bags every 6 months, though.

I’m pretty sure awhile ago I sent people actually clinically relevant, to the best of online diagnosing you can do, with links to primary literature of what I thought most likely happened based off of the type of cancer and likely treatment. However the easier explanation is he is an old racist asshole that just happened to have cancer.

Does that explain the 180 sudden turn from “nobody should make over 1 million a year” to loathing all civil rights? There had to be some event that prompted the overnight change.

LOL at “plantains” without clarifying tostones or maduros.

I have no idea what that ITC NextDoor bag nonsense means. Where do you live?

Fair point coming from a Floridian. But I feel like the places up here rarely have tostones.

Don’t disagree that maduros are more like dessert, but they’re so good.

Does that explain the 180 sudden turn from “nobody should make over 1 million a year” to loathing all civil rights? There had to be some event that prompted the overnight change.

he’s trolling

i defs always get a side of PLANTAINS (gtfo here with yr clarifying BULLSHIT) at peruvian places

How does a guy who directs Predator, Die Hard, and Hunt for Red October back to back to back ever just disappear from directing all together?

How does a guy who directs Predator, Die Hard, and Hunt for Red October back to back to back ever just disappear from directing all together?

Interesting story, but I’m sure jail had something to do with that.

I have a co-worker who uses "tracking" as sort of an all encompassing word:

"I'm not tracking on this" meaning "I do not understand"
"How are you tracking on this?" meaning "How is ___ coming along?"
"We are tracking on ___" meaning "This project is on schedule"

anyone heard this one?

Last Action Hero probably didn't help. He had a few high priced duds and, yeah, some legal issues. Tough to recover from that.

Last edited:
Had a watermelon shake from Cook Out for the first time yesterday. As good as everybody says it is.

Last Action Hero probably didn't help. He had a few high priced duds and, yeah, some legal issues. Tough to recover from that.

I think he had better plans for Last Action Hero but got studio noted to death and he wasn't happy with the movie he ended up having to make

The library's new HR director is the daughter of Jan Boxill, one of the people at the center of the whole UNC Athletic/Academic mess. What a coincidence! Not shady at all! Nah, actually, I think it probably is just a coincidence; I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for a while, at least.

And the interim HR guy just had a upper level administrative position created out of nothing and handed to him. Man, must be nice. My job gets cut four years ago for "budget reasons," and this guy is on his third straight created-out-of-nothing gig probably making at least 50% more than I am. He seems to be an ok dude at least, but the whole thing is so odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back