• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the new “last post in a thread” thread.

can't remember if I asked this on here or not, but was talking with some friends about PKs and we discussed the following:

which would you feel more confident doing: hitting a PK against a WC-quality goalie to extend the match or hitting two FTs down two with no time on the clock in the NBA playoffs

does your answer change if it is three FTs down three or a PK?

I scored the game winning PK in the semifinal of a club tournament circa 2001. It was round 10 or so because I know I absolutely didn't want to take a PK and only ended up taking one because the rest of the team already went.

So, I'll choose the PK.

can't remember if I asked this on here or not, but was talking with some friends about PKs and we discussed the following:

which would you feel more confident doing: hitting a PK against a WC-quality goalie to extend the match or hitting two FTs down two with no time on the clock in the NBA playoffs

does your answer change if it is three FTs down three or a PK?

I'd say PK because you have the chance of the keeper going the completely wrong way

I'd say PK because you have the chance of the keeper going the completely wrong way

Not if BarcaDeac is kicking.

I'd still take the PK because I know I'd miss at least one free throw, but a world class GK is going to read me like a book and I'd need to kick it hard as fuck and hope it stays on frame and out of reach..

Not if BarcaDeac is kicking.

I'd still take the PK because I know I'd miss at least one free throw, but a world class GK is going to read me like a book and I'd need to kick it hard as fuck and hope it stays on frame and out of reach..

right I was also thinking about the once vs twice in this scenario. I'd assume a keeper would know exactly where I'm going, but the slightest chance he doesn't.

we like our Casper a lot. have heard good things about Leesa, but my MIL is named Lisa so that just weirded my wife and I out.

What sports did you all play growing up?

Pretty much everything but soccer and hockey. My dad said/says watching soccer is like watching paint dry, so that was a no-go.

Played football/golf through HS. A small piece of me always wonders if I could have made it as a pro golfer if I had given everything up in middle school (like one of my good friends who's on tour), but HS/college would not have been nearly as fun. Pretty sure I would have burnt out eventually anyways like so many other golf friends did.

Soccer and swimming. Was on the HS swim team, too.
Had a brief stint with softball, but when push came to shove I chose to stick with soccer for both fall and spring seasons.
Went to day camps for tennis and golf at the country club through middle school.

I am also interested in the mattress question/responses from people. Specifically feedback on casper/leesa/etc.. We like a fairly firm mattress, but recently put a memory foam topper on top of the (hard) mattress we have and it's awesome.

What sports did you all play growing up?

soccer and tee ball when I was little.

basketball 3rd-8th grades. I sucked.

tennis from when I was little through high school. was decent.

best sport was waterskiing -- slaloming, barefooting and later wakeboarding. I loved barefooting and learned how to do it from a former world jr. champion who was our neighbor.

We went with Leesa because it was supposed to be a medium firmness vs Casper which was on the firmer end.

But that was before each company had multiple product lines.

We have a Bear mattress and have been extremely happy with it.

Did springboard diving from like 1st grade through maybe 8th grade? And swim team from about 4th grade until I went to college (summer league but fairly competitive).

Softball (rec league 6th-8th, JV in 8th, and varsity all 4 years of HS)

Field hockey (9th-12th)

Miss FH the most. Although had a good camaraderie from the swim team too.

I am also interested in the mattress question/responses from people. Specifically feedback on casper/leesa/etc.. We like a fairly firm mattress, but recently put a memory foam topper on top of the (hard) mattress we have and it's awesome.

Coworker pointed out that Macy's is having some killer 4th of July sales through the end of the weekend. Worth looking into -- up to 70% off in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back