• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and bring your dog or girlfriend with you so you'll know what it's really going to be like.

For you it will just be the dog.

Junior Bowlers Tour. Even made the stepladder finals at La Martinique lanes in '95. I don't really remember the year. Golf team. Prepared for retirement early.

Baseball (got my coach ejected in all stars. Trolling game was strong even then), Cross Country, and Basketball (got cut cause I had a rock driveway and couldn't dribble and tried out freshman year instead of everyone else who started in 7th grade). Probably reverse racial profiling too. I was way better than Devin Seals.

Since you all asked, when I was 13 there were two baseball teams in our town. One coached by my friends' dad that I was on, and the other by this guy who took baseball way too seriously and had all sorts of signs and shit. When they merged the teams for the all stars, the way too serious guy was the main coach and on third base.

I was a fast little fellah, and could take big leads, so I had free reign to steal whenever I wanted with the other coach. So we're playing Washington Township, a township with like 8 teams so they were the best in south jersey. We ended up losing 18-0 before the mercy rule, but we avoided getting no hit because of this guy. The pitcher throwing like 75 mph heat at 13 I barely made contact and the ball went right down the first base line. One up called it fair, the other called it foul, they waited a few minutes and my coach was yelling at them it was fair and finally they put me on first base.

First pitch the coach is going through all sorts of signs and I have no idea what any of them mean. The pitcher is throwing like 80 mph though so no way I'm gonna steal. I just sit there. The coach, angry, says "SEAN, Get out there" and I think he's pinch running for me. So I start walking off the base. I'm like 5 steps off the bag "PALMAB GET BACK THERE." He meant for Sean to be the first base coach to tell me the signs. I run back and the pitcher throws and I dive back to the bag and make it safe. Just Barely. "WE'RE AS FUCKED UP AS THE UMPS ARE." Ejected. And I never started again the rest of the league.

Yeah, and bring your dog or girlfriend with you so you'll know what it's really going to be like.

For you it will just be the dog.

was planning to just bring a laptop and a box of tissues, but maybe I could borrow a friend's dog

I was in NOVA this weekend and I agree. Absolutely beautiful.

AC off, windows open since yesterday evening.

Just chillin’ on the deck.

Feels like early autumn.

Hottest days on record in parts of Los Angeles yesterday. Got up to 117 in the Valley.

Yikes—sorry to hear that.

Global warming ftl.

30-35 years ago this kind of weather hereabouts wasn’t so rare this time of year.

Does make it oh so nice now.

Got pillow, blanket, bourbon, music, iPad. I’m gonna spend the night on the porch.

GMPZVFDJGA2URPWC3JZSFWUHQI.png

As predicted, new daily, monthly and all-time record highs were set throughout Southern California on Friday because of a monster heat dome sprawled over the region.

The temperature at UCLA soared to 111 degrees, the hottest ever recorded there, surpassing the previous record of 109 degrees, set Sept. 20, 1939, the National Weather Service reported. Records at UCLA date back to 1933.

While the temperature at UCLA set an all-time record, the high in downtown Los Angeles, 108 degrees, fell short of its all-time mark of 113 from September 2010. Still, the 108-degree reading crushed the July 6 daily record of 94, set in 1992.

In addition to UCLA, other locations that set all-time records in Southern California include:

Hollywood Burbank Airport, 114 degrees.
Van Nuys Airport, 117 degrees.
Ramona, 117 degrees.
Santa Ana, 114 degrees.
Riverside, 118 degrees (tying record from 1925).
The National Weather Service offices serving Los Angeles and San Diego produced the handy summary tables below, which highlight a number of the notable records set:

111 at UCLA is literally insane. UCLA is like 5 miles from the beach.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ern-california-friday/?utm_term=.b822c2b8227d

Last edited:
So if a tarantula was born this week it would likely die before this CT?

In Jaws Roy Scheider says we don't know how long sharks live, could be thousands of years. #JAWS

"People don't even know how old sharks are, I mean, if they live two - three thousand years...They don't know."

can't remember if I asked this on here or not, but was talking with some friends about PKs and we discussed the following:

which would you feel more confident doing: hitting a PK against a WC-quality goalie to extend the match or hitting two FTs down two with no time on the clock in the NBA playoffs

does your answer change if it is three FTs down three or a PK?

I'd probably choke on both. Mario Fernandes' penalty looked a lot like the one I hit in the '97 Intramural Championship when I was on a loaded team with like three ex Wake players and we somehow managed to go to penalties and lose against a frat. It was lame. Almost won it in regular time with what would have been the greatest goal of my life, but it was not to be. Fortunately the ringers we had all played worse than I did -- one hit his penalty close to the water tower. I'd still choose one penalty over free throws, though.

In Jaws Roy Scheider says we don't know how long sharks live, could be thousands of years. #JAWS

"People don't even know how old sharks are, I mean, if they live two - three thousand years...They don't know."

I could see Trump saying literally the same thing

Ah, I've been to the Providence Athenaeum, but I don't remember seeing it there. Just the Edgar Allen Poe desk. 5 Million is pretty good for a book. But the market is kind of crazy for these things because they don't come up very often. I was looking at this gorgeous, clean humanist fifteenth century thing in the ugliest red velvet binding I've ever seen at this NYC bookseller's house a couple of years ago, and he priced the thing at a million. I asked him if it was worth a million bucks, and he said "maybe not because no one has bought it." Just silly money, but books are really a fantastic investment.

Things White People Like warning:

Over the last year, I've collected a handful of leather-bound book sets from the 1800's (Works of Dickens, "Shakspere," Austen, etc), as well as a few that are a little bit older (Kempis 1733, Pascal 1741, Cave's Lives of the Apostles 1677). The centerpiece is a Gregorian chant on vellum from approximately 1450. If I can figure out how you youngs host pictures these days, I'll try to post some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back