• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is eegee's in there? There were a few of those around Tucson when I lived there. Maybe it's just a Tucson thing. I don't think I ever went to one. What about Orange Julius?

Yeah, let's at least figure out how to do regular rail first and then get into the Elon Musk-style bullshit

Culvers is a Wisconsin-based chain. Their deal is that they only use fresh beef and they have frozen custard.

Culver's butter burgers are amazing. And they have good cheese curds and frozen custard as well. They have branched out to Illinois and have a few spots in Florida as well, and maybe a few other states.

Been to all the Top 49. Never heard of Raising Cane’s Chicken.

Juice, you must be the opposite of #middleamerica if you’ve never been to Chili’s. You must have never seen a TV commercial if you’ve never heard of it.

Raising Cane’s is my go to in the San Antonio airport.

I’ve been to a couple of others in the South/Southwest.

It’s nothing special, but pretty good quality for what it is.

Never really understood the appeal of Papa Murphys - relatively expensive pizza you have to pick up and bake yourself.

My old firm used to cover the stock and recommend it. I was very negative on the concept and the company... Just couldn’t bring myself to pitch it to clients.

Culvers, Wingstop and Raising Cane are ones I don't recall having visited out of the top 50.

In and Out, Papa Murphys, Del Taco, Tim Horton's, McAlisters, Dickey's, Marco's, Yard House, Jamba Juice, Round Table, Freddy's, Hungry Howies, Famous Dave's from the next 50 also haven't fed me.

Hit the first 21, but Jack in the Box tripped me up. I’ve been around plenty of them in my travels, but never gave it a try.

Out of the top 50, I also don’t think I’ve eaten at Culver’s or Whataburger, even though I’ve seen plenty of them. Whataburger was big in Gainesville, FL... I may have done that drunk one night, but I don’t think so. Have heard good things about Culver’s.

Last edited:
Culver's butter burgers are amazing. And they have good cheese curds and frozen custard as well. They have branched out to Illinois and have a few spots in Florida as well, and maybe a few other states.

Yeah. The only time I went several years ago at the one by where DePaul used to play basketball. There’s quite a few in this area now.

Pollo Tropical is awesome. I introduced some friends to it at the Orange Bowl. They loved it. It’s basically a Cuban version of Bojangles. I didn’t realize it had expanded. There are only a few outside of South Florida a decade ago.

Yeah. The only time I went several years ago at the one by where DePaul used to play basketball. There’s quite a few in this area now.

Pollo Tropical is awesome. I introduced some friends to it at the Orange Bowl. They loved it. It’s basically a Cuban version of Bojangles. I didn’t realize it had expanded. There are only a few outside of South Florida a decade ago.

Agree on Pollo Tropical. Unfortunately, their attempted expansion out of South Florida has been a disaster. The ones in Atlanta didn’t last. It’s a shame. They couldn’t build enough brand awareness to get critical mass... Not sure what they’re doing now.

Same group owns Taco Cabana, which is beloved in Texas, but failed miserably elsewhere.

Some chains are just meant to be more regional, I guess.

It looks like there are some in North GA.

I guess the regional appeal fits the comparison to Bojangles.

Both are fast food alternatives to regional cuisine that is readily available at local sit down restaurants.

I used to go to Pollo Tropical when visiting my sister in Miami or in West Palm for work. Pretty damn good.

48/50 - Haven't been to: Culvers or Raisin Canes

89/100 - Haven't been to: In-N-Out, El Pollo Loco, Del Taco, Ruth's Chris, Yard House, Round Table Pizza, Capitol Grill, Millers Ale House, Famous Daves

I used to go to Pollo Tropical when visiting my sister in Miami or in West Palm for work. Pretty damn good.

My in-laws came to the US from Havana when Castro came to power. They moved to Hialeah in the late 60s. Hialeah is about 95% Cuban. Several great Cuban restaurants. Pollo Tropical is their go-to meal.

Culvers, Wingstop and Raising Cane are ones I don't recall having visited out of the top 50.

In and Out, Papa Murphys, Del Taco, Tim Horton's, McAlisters, Dickey's, Marco's, Yard House, Jamba Juice, Round Table, Freddy's, Hungry Howies, Famous Dave's from the next 50 also haven't fed me.

Quick response as someone who apparently eats or has eaten at a lot of fast food places...jamba juice in Charlotte airport; McAlister's in Winston; in and out as far as Austin, at least

I've done a lot of traveling. Sometimes fast food is the only eating that fits schedules. Fast food chains are what you find in airports. Some people are very attached to their local chains.

was stuck working in boca raton for a month, and as a result am happy to pile on the pollo tropical love. that place is the tits.

Culver's is only one in top fifty I haven't been to. What is it?

I love Raisin' Canes. Definitely my special treat fast food. Ran to one at halftime of the BC game last week while at work, and they gave me somebody else's takeout order in addition to my own and I was eating (free) chicken for a week.

Have em here in colorady. Not bad.

I submit there has never been a worse year in music than 2018.

Everything on the radio just sounds like a terrible Drake copycat

Watched the Lynrd Skynrd SHO documentary today after turning off the Wake game. Definitely worth a watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back