• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

anthony bourdain kills himself

Where would you take Bourdain in Winston?
Maybe:
Sweet Potatoes
Slappys Chicken
El Rancho Taqueria
Antojitos las delicias
Quiet Pint
Putters
Skippys (R.I.P.)
Fabians (R.I.P.)

I never watched any of his shows, so I don’t really know. But someone gave me some food from El Triunfo recently that was interesting and good, so maybe that’s a place he’d enjoy?

Maybe:
Sweet Potatoes
Slappys Chicken
El Rancho Taqueria
Antojitos las delicias
Quiet Pint
Putters
Skippys (R.I.P.)
Fabians (R.I.P.)

Slappy's forsure, then Monstercade.
Skippy's and Fabians definitely would have been on the list.
I'd take him to taste Sutler's Gin, then to West End Opera House.
Would definitely make a Cook Out run after some drinking.
and a trip to Lexington for some BBQ. Probably Lexington BBQ number 1.

Never had watched or read Bourdain until this happened. I downloaded Kitchen Confidential last night and what a great read so far. While I am not trying to remotely diagnose the man, it is relevant to this thread to note that his early life was full of rampant drug use and he describes in the book being really down, using drugs to "fill a hole" inside himself, and going through "dark periods" where he does nothing but stay in his apartment and smoke cigarettes and do various drugs. Certainly seems consistent with depression to me. RIP, seems like he was a really neat human who led a more interesting life than 99.9% of the world.

Slappy's forsure, then Monstercade.
Skippy's and Fabians definitely would have been on the list.
I'd take him to taste Sutler's Gin, then to West End Opera House.
Would definitely make a Cook Out run after some drinking.
and a trip to Lexington for some BBQ. Probably Lexington BBQ number 1.

Start the day at Cobblestone Farmer's Market.

Been checking the news for something supporting jaybones theory. No David Carradine gossip yet..

Well I picked back up on this thread around page 2 and thought the discussion was good, and was going to share some of my own personal experiences, but then RJ showed up and made this thread all about him and now its just an RJ/restaurant thread. So nevermind.

Maybe:
Sweet Potatoes
Slappys Chicken
El Rancho Taqueria
Antojitos las delicias
Quiet Pint
Putters
Skippys (R.I.P.)
Fabians (R.I.P.)

I’ll add The Porch, PB’s Takeout, Waldo’s/Ted’s, Spring House

Taco Riendo is the only Mexican food worthy of Tony Bourdain in Winson Salem.

Back