• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gold Parking Lot Pass Holders

Gold lot parking used to go exactly by the numbers that were on the parking spaces about 15-20 years ago. That got changed for the good because many many folks were parking in the back of the Gold lot and then walking up to the game by many unused but numbered spaces. So they went to first come, first serve. Now maybe those that pay the extra $$$ will actually use the front one, however few those are and the rest will still be first come, first serve. No big deal. There was a request for this, so the DC gave them what they asked for.

There was a request for this, so the DC gave them what they asked for.

IIRC, this was an option on the tailgating survey that was sent out a few years ago. Looks like there was enough interest to move forward with it. Other options included power/water hookups, and designated tailgating areas adjoining the parking spaces rather than just having an open lot.

IIRC, this was an option on the tailgating survey that was sent out a few years ago. Looks like there was enough interest to move forward with it. Other options included power/water hookups, and designated tailgating areas adjoining the parking spaces rather than just having an open lot.

This would be big for the program. Oddly enough, years ago, we were told by the cops that we couldn't keep bringing generators to power everything, and we had to shut ours down. We were livid, but handled it well enough. Kept on doing it every other game and didn't have a problem.

This would be big for the program. Oddly enough, years ago, we were told by the cops that we couldn't keep bringing generators to power everything, and we had to shut ours down. We were livid, but handled it well enough. Kept on doing it every other game and didn't have a problem.

We just bought an RV pass back before we got old and had a bunch of kids...power and plenty of grass.

Yeah, generators are prohibited per the rules. We're working on trying to get around that by having ours enclosed and super quiet.

Does anyone have a blue lot parking pass they're willing to sell? We have 8 season tickets but only 1 parking pass, they told me I could buy one Blue, one Orange... but that isn't really helpful. Thanks!

Yeah, generators are prohibited per the rules. We're working on trying to get around that by having ours enclosed and super quiet.

Have you looked into the solar generators that have battery packs? Goal Zero was the original but there are a lot of options now. Might be a good option for a single day event like a tailgate. You can just recharge it at home via sun or plugin. On the plus side, it would be completely silent and within the rules.

For gas, Honda EU2000i is the standard for quiet, but you pay for it compared to other gas generators. There was a competitor that used the same Honda motor at decently cheaper price point, but I don't recall the brand name. Ironically, I've got a couple in storage up in Winston, just can't remember what they are called.

Is that really irony ?

Yes, Alanis, given that I own two and did a bunch of research on it a few years ago, I'd consider it "a state of affairs that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects."

Have you looked into the solar generators that have battery packs? Goal Zero was the original but there are a lot of options now. Might be a good option for a single day event like a tailgate. You can just recharge it at home via sun or plugin. On the plus side, it would be completely silent and within the rules.

For gas, Honda EU2000i is the standard for quiet, but you pay for it compared to other gas generators. There was a competitor that used the same Honda motor at decently cheaper price point, but I don't recall the brand name. Ironically, I've got a couple in storage up in Winston, just can't remember what they are called.
Not sure of their trade name, but the Harbor Freight line of generators are built and serviced by Honda. A buddy of mine bought one, had an issue and the Honda service folks answered. Typically, I try to stay away from HF, but this may be worth it to pay half price.

Not sure of their trade name, but the Harbor Freight line of generators are built and serviced by Honda. A buddy of mine bought one, had an issue and the Honda service folks answered. Typically, I try to stay away from HF, but this may be worth it to pay half price.

Definitely worth checking into. The HF Predator is one of the options that popped up a few minutes ago when I was searching and trying to find the brand I have in storage.

Does anyone have a blue lot parking pass they're willing to sell? We have 8 season tickets but only 1 parking pass, they told me I could buy one Blue, one Orange... but that isn't really helpful. Thanks!

You're telling me they won't even sell you a blue parking pass when you have 8 season tickets? That is insane, seems like if you call and raise hell that will change.

You're telling me they won't even sell you a blue parking pass when you have 8 season tickets? That is insane, seems like if you call and raise hell that will change.
The number of passes you can buy is dependent on your DC giving level as an "incentive" to give more. We tried to buy an extra last year but had reached our limit. Worst off, there were many blue lot passes unsold last year. I tried to argue $100 for another pass is better than them going unused, but came up empty.

What a joke. Someone should keep a running master list of AD blunders. Obviously basketball coaching hires are 1A and 1B, but there's so many ridiculous happenings relating to fan experience, I can't keep track. Some other really bad ones off the top of my head:

1) Fan Man - enough said
2) Running out of water vs. Nebraska with heat indexes of 100+ - there were several heat strokes that day - did WF ever get sued? Should have.
3) No re-entry back and forth decisions
4) Terrible food service choices (Casstevens?)
5) Multiple khaki colored items that were supposed to be gold (shirts, cups, etc)

Oh lord, I'd almost forgotten about Fan Man.

In regards to number 4, who decided to get rid of those buffet stations in the Hoops room? I mean, my god that shit was amazing. I remember there being a salad station, hot dog station, Roast beef/meat station, and dessert station. Hell, there may have been one or two more. I remember we had to get there about an hour or so before game time just to get a table. Ahh, the good ole days.

What a joke. Someone should keep a running master list of AD blunders. Obviously basketball coaching hires are 1A and 1B, but there's so many ridiculous happenings relating to fan experience, I can't keep track. Some other really bad ones off the top of my head:

1) Fan Man - enough said
2) Running out of water vs. Nebraska with heat indexes of 100+ - there were several heat strokes that day - did WF ever get sued? Should have.
3) No re-entry back and forth decisions
4) Terrible food service choices (Casstevens?)
5) Multiple khaki colored items that were supposed to be gold (shirts, cups, etc)

Haha, several of these were nearly a decade ago. You must not follow other college programs. These are amateur hour complaints. Fan Man? What did he last, like two games?

Back