• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gold Parking Lot Pass Holders

deacsrus

Reaction score
Looking to capitalize on the bowl win over Texas A&M, Wake Forest Athletics is giving the great opportunity to existing Gold pass holders to obtain reserved parking spots. It will only cost $700.00 per space per season in ADDITTION TO the original Gold Lot parking pass fee of $220.00. The selection process begins June 26-29. I'm not sure if the selection process will be televised. "Please note that this offering is the only way to reserve a spot in advance, and other methods such as placing cones in front of spaces will not be allowed."

giggle giggle

Who comes up with these stupid ideas?

if you want a good spot, you show up and tailgate. you dont roll in 10 min before the game, park right in front like a lazy turd, and walk in the stadium. people will pay the price here, and wake football tailgating will really take a hit

Who comes up with these stupid ideas?

if you want a good spot, you show up and tailgate. you dont roll in 10 min before the game, park right in front like a lazy turd, and walk in the stadium. people will pay the price here, and wake football tailgating will really take a hit
That's basically what already happens in the majority of the Gold Lot anyway. The real tailgating takes place elsewhere. This just means you can now pay $700 to show up late and only walk 150 yards instead of 200 yards.

Last edited:
Ron has no idea how to market a product. This is when you lower pricing and drive people to the games. We actually have a good product. Develop some enthusiasm instead of driving people away by trying to gain a few bucks. Foolishness. The amount gained by this is minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

Start raising prices once we start selling out football games.

This really doesn't bother me. Other shit is going on in the world. If somebody wants to waste $100 a game to park someplace, go for it.

Gonna be some pissed off folks who show up to tailgate in spots they have set up in for years and find out that they are now reserved for some dildos who won't roll up until gametime.

"biff tannen sucks cock" tagger, out yourself for rep !

What a joke the marketing folks are. This is truly absurd. Ron has effectively killed most basketball fun, and now seems to be trying to squeeze a few bucks from some loyal fans who tailgate in the Gold lot.....WHY? Last year they rented spaces to the Wolf Pack club and probably other visitors. (The WP Club flew a damn banner in the Gold lot! The Gold lot doesn't fill up. What is the point?

My dad had gold lot passes for over 20 years, I spent many a Saturday there as a kid. We would tailgate out of a 1985 Ford Econoline Touring with the old school Deacon head custom painted on the rear tire cover. We would always get there as soon as they opened the lot to snag one of the spots in the very back by the grass and the back entrance to RJR (or Pepsi?). We would set up a picnic table on the sidewalk, eat Mr. Barbecue fried chicken every game, and get two hand touch football games going with the other kids. A lot of good memories in that gold lot. I remember numerous occasions where I got my ass chewed for making us late and costing us our usual spot.

He hasn't owned season tickets since they required a PSL for our seats in section 4 after the ACC championship season. I imagine he would say the same thing about this as he did then, "fuck those moneygrubbing bastards."

so you pay an extra 500 bucks so you don't have to walk an extra 30-50 yards essentially.

You actually don't pay an extra $700. You just reduce your deacon club contribution by $700 and divert it to pay for your space provided you aren't right at the threshold. At least that's what any shrewd Wake alum would do. Same cost as before except you don't need to arrive early to secure the best places in the lot.

You guys are not giving ol Ronnie enough credit. He is shrewdly looking for creative ways to compensate for lost bball revenue from enemic ticket sales in the Bzz/DM era. Genius.

I had season tickets for the first time last year and the blue lot pass with the other poors was worth every penny.

Slightly off topic- but what is the deal with Deacon Hill tickets? It used to be something like 2 adult and 2 kids tickets but that info isn't on the website anymore. They still offer Deacon Hill but it doesn't say any other info.

Slightly off topic- but what is the deal with Deacon Hill tickets? It used to be something like 2 adult and 2 kids tickets but that info isn't on the website anymore. They still offer Deacon Hill but it doesn't say any other info.

Just purchased mine yesterday. $150 total for 4 season tickets on the hill (2 youth 2 adult)

Back