• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton Suspended First Three Games of 2018

Don’t we have attorneys in Orange County that can take care of this?

I mean, maybe we do. I have a buddy with an open container while underaged charge... Let's just say the lawyer earned every nickel getting the record to reflect only those charges...

I can totally see a scenario where he�s driving around sober as can be and is going 11 mph over. Also, not realizing he had expired tags. Upon closer look, the cop sees an empty can, bottle, etc. but yeah, let�s just bury our own immediately.

I'd rather not defend the actions of someone who may have been putting other lives in danger.

If it was DUI, he'd probably be off the team. Three games for speeding with an open container seems fair.

This is just a horrible, horrible take. Kids make mistakes.

JT Barrett, by all accounts a good kid, great leader, blah blah blah, got a DUI during the season and was suspended one game.

Y'all have fun with this. I won't try to change yr mind on what seems like pretty common sense stuff.

I'd rather not defend the actions of someone who may have been putting other lives in danger.

not defending. Just saying that I'm not going to crucify someone that committed the same actions that many many people do on a regular basis.

true, only a manslaughter charge is worth something that realm, right?

incredulous.gif

I mean common sense would tell you that he clearly either hadn't drank or hadn't drank enough to get a DUI (which I do quite often, keep a breathalyzer in my car and if I blow above .08 I call an Uber). The only way I can see this being worthy of three games is if he was currently drinking in the car and driving, tried to hide the beer/liquor/whatever from the cop and he got caught - because if he didn't get caught at that time there's a good chance he would've ended up being over the legal limit while driving. Wouldn't be mad at a three game suspension because of that. I get that there are programs that don't give a fuck about their players' actions, but Wake is not one of them.

At Wake Forest you are guilty until proven innocent and you will be punished regardless.

The punishment is very excessive for the crime. Clawson really isn't fucking around though.

This is just a horrible, horrible take. Kids make mistakes.

JT Barrett, by all accounts a good kid, great leader, blah blah blah, got a DUI during the season and was suspended one game.

Hinton should've went to UNC. That way he could inflict as much violence as he desires until the brink of death as with that UNC player a few years back. That dude may have received a one game suspension, but it actually may have been a slap on the wrist (I can't remember). Now that would go under the criteria of literally putting others lives in danger.

not defending. Just saying that I'm not going to crucify someone that committed the same actions that many many people do on a regular basis.

LOL. Some of you here can rationalize anything. If you honestly think that your posts in this thread haven't been defending the guy's actions you are delusional.

ETA: And it's "should have gone".... A WF grad saying "should have went" is embarrassing.

Last edited:
I mean common sense would tell you that he clearly either hadn't drank or hadn't drank enough to get a DUI (which I do quite often, keep a breathalyzer in my car and if I blow above .08 I call an Uber). The only way I can see this being worthy of three games is if he was currently drinking in the car and driving, tried to hide the beer/liquor/whatever from the cop and he got caught - because if he didn't get caught at that time there's a good chance he would've ended up being over the legal limit while driving. Wouldn't be mad at a three game suspension because of that. I get that there are programs that don't give a fuck about their players' actions, but Wake is not one of them.

There's other ways to "give a fuck" as well. Have the S&C staff make his life miserable before, during, and after practice for a month, and make him "earn" his spot back on the team. Don't publicly embarass the kid and also punish the rest of the team by decreasing their chances of a special season.

This is an example of classic LOWF, and it sucks the moral highground fans are buying into it. But it reflects the atitude of the AD and aministration as a whole, so here we are.

Hinton is 21 and Cole is 20 so maybe Hinton bought for Cole and that added to the severity in Clawson's mind. Just speculating here, but aren't we all?

The incident in Orange County happened just after midnight on New Years. Why does everybody think this is the sole reason for the suspension? I have no inside knowledge other than what is public record. This could very well be the only reason for the suspension which would make 3 games seem harsh. It could be a second or third infraction and we don't know about the other stuff. Maybe he was put on a short leash after this incident and then did something else really dumb more recently thus warranting the 3 games. Bottom line is nobody on this thread knows anything about the reason for the suspension and the duration.

This is an example of classic LOWF, and it sucks the moral highground fans are buying into it. But it reflects the atitude of the AD and aministration as a whole, so here we are.

Yep. And it’s why we will continue to act like making it to the second round in basketball or playing in a bowl at noon on Dec. 27 is like winning the national championship, when the rest of the sports world doesn’t care and Wake sports isn’t even a blip on the radar. But, at least we will have all those self-proclaimed, mutual admiration moral high ground trophies on the mantle.

There's other ways to "give a fuck" as well. Have the S&C staff make his life miserable before, during, and after practice for a month, and make him "earn" his spot back on the team. Don't publicly embarass the kid and also punish the rest of the team by decreasing their chances of a special season.

I’m not buying into anything. It is a personal belief that drinking and driving is an awful think to do because of things that have happened to people close to me, which is why I raised one scenario I would agree with three games. If it is not that scenario then I don’t agree. Don’t see where you got I’m taking a moral high ground, LOWF stance from that.

Last edited:
I mean, maybe we do. I have a buddy with an open container while underaged charge... Let's just say the lawyer earned every nickel getting the record to reflect only those charges...

Yeah. That's the other possibility. It was actually a DUI and worthy of a season suspension and the lawyer got it knocked it down to an open container and Clawson reduced it to three games.

Cole is from WV. Any WV lawyers who can check up there?

really?

The incident in Orange County happened just after midnight on New Years. Why does everybody think this is the sole reason for the suspension? I have no inside knowledge other than what is public record. This could very well be the only reason for the suspension which would make 3 games seem harsh. It could be a second or third infraction and we don't know about the other stuff. Maybe he was put on a short leash after this incident and then did something else really dumb more recently thus warranting the 3 games. Bottom line is nobody on this thread knows anything about the reason for the suspension and the duration.

Exactly.

Realize that during the Summer, with no games to analyze, it fun to use incidents like the Hinton suspension as a further reason to attack unpopular targets (the AD; LOWF attitudes; Danny Manning), but we really are dealing with only partial set of facts that led to the suspension. It's not in Hinton's, Clawson's or WF's interest to lay out every event over his time at WF to explain how WF determined that the 3 games suspension was appropriate.

That said, feel reasonably confident that: a) Clawson was involved in the decision-making process; and b) nobody at WF wants the starting QB suspended for any part of the season. Always weird to me when stuff like this comes up how so much of the focus of the blame is pointed away from the transgressor. Hinton has been around the program for going on 4 years; he is supposed to be a leader; he knew or should've known that there are consequences to f-ing up, and he f'd up. Wish he was playing; wish he didn't speed with a suspended license and liquor in the car, but he did. This isn't LOWF. Hinton acted like a knothead, and these are the consequences (which he knew or should've known before this past New Years Eve).

Last edited:
Back