• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton Suspended First Three Games of 2018

LOL. Some of you here can rationalize anything. If you honestly think that your posts in this thread haven't been defending the guy's actions you are delusional.

Literally no one has said it's a good idea to drive around with open containers and expired registration while speeding. That said, sounds like something Bobby Knight would do.

Ship Captains and Federal Judges are the only people with more power over their domain then Football Coaches. Especially those who win. What ever they did, it pissed off The Claw. DON'T PISS OFF THE CLAW!

Exactly.

Realize that during the Summer, with no games to analyze, it fun to use incidents like the Hinton suspension as a further reason to attack unpopular targets (the AD; LOWF attitudes; Danny Manning), but we really are dealing with only partial set of facts that led to the suspension. It's not in Hinton's, Clawson's or WF's interest to lay out every event over his time at WF to explain how WF determined that the 3 games suspension was appropriate.

That said, feel reasonably confident that: a) Clawson was involved in the decision-making process; and b) nobody at WF wants the starting QB suspended for any part of the season. Always weird to me when stuff like this comes up how so much of the focus of the blame is pointed away from the transgressor. Hinton has been around the program for going on 4 years; he is supposed to be a leader; he knew or should've known that there are consequences to f-ing up, and he f'd up. Wish he was playing; wish he didn't speed with a suspended license and liquor in the car, but he did. This isn't LOWF. Hinton acted like a knothead, and these are the consequences (which he knew or should've known before this past New Years Eve).

I don't think you've read this thread.

incredulous.gif

I get it, rules and expectations are different for athletes, celebrities and the rich.

Assuming the charges listed in kvegas’s link are the only transgressions, how many of you all get suspended from your job — or lose it — due to those charges? Pretty sure that would have no impact on my employment other than needing to use PTO for legal stuff.

Assuming the charges listed in kvegas’s link are the only transgressions, how many of you all get suspended from your job — or lose it — due to those charges? Pretty sure that would have no impact on my employment other than needing to use PTO for legal stuff.

You wouldn’t even need to do that. Happened to me driving .25 of a mile back from a neighborhood pool drinking my 2nd beer. I showed up to the courthouse right when it opened, and asked the ADA if he could drop the charges (cop suggested this). He said yes. Zero effect on my employment. Think I even told my boss.

Although I was NOT speeding. Perhaps that saved me.

I hope Newman or Hartman blow up and we see skinner 2.0

You wouldn’t even need to do that. Happened to me driving .25 of a mile back from a neighborhood pool drinking my 2nd beer. I showed up to the courthouse right when it opened, and asked the ADA if he could drop the charges (cop suggested this). He said yes. Zero effect on my employment. Think I even told my boss.

Although I was NOT speeding. Perhaps that saved me.

As a teacher I would lose my job on the spot.

I guess we’ll know more soon enough, but if those 3 things happen to be the full extent of his crimes against humanity then a 3 game ban is laughable.

So it’s about something he doesn’t have a court date for in NC.

So is it now LOWF to have assumed Hinton was suspended for the traffic infractions? I have trouble keeping up.

I'm quite aware that takes like this have earned me my derisive nickname around here, but I'm proud to support a school that takes discipline and integrity seriously instead of just lip service. I'm as disappointed as anyone that we won't have our presumptive starter for these integral opening games, but I trust Clawson, like I trusted Grobe, to take shit like this seriously. If I had more balls back when I was 19 I would have said as much to Wellman's face when the athletic department covered up similar bullshit all the time.

It's not LOWF to insist that our student-athletes follow the (big) rules. It's not that fucking hard.

What a bunch of crap! You are all ready to hang Clawson and you do not even know ANY of the facts. Clawson has done a great job with the program and I have faith that he did what he thought was best for the team and Hinton. Give the guy a break. Wait until you know some FACTS before you run around spouting off. I trust Clawson and will until I see some FACTS that warrant some other conclusion.

Poor kid. If getting suspended is not bad enough, he is subjected to 11 pages of bullshit. Man, we are starved for some real sports news.

I'm quite aware that takes like this have earned me my derisive nickname around here, but I'm proud to support a school that takes discipline and integrity seriously instead of just lip service. I'm as disappointed as anyone that we won't have our presumptive starter for these integral opening games, but I trust Clawson, like I trusted Grobe, to take shit like this seriously. If I had more balls back when I was 19 I would have said as much to Wellman's face when the athletic department covered up similar bullshit all the time.

It's not LOWF to insist that our student-athletes follow the (big) rules. It's not that fucking hard.

It’s LOWF to prioritize the moral high ground over the way infractions are penalized at programs that actually compete for championships. We can disagree, and there’s room for interpretation.

If Hinton did anything to do with assaulting a woman, suspend him until proven innocent, and kick him off the team if guilty. If he got caught smoking weed for the 2nd time (still guessing this is most likely), suspend him for a half and run him like crazy for a month at practice. And yeah, we’re allowed to speculate, that’s what fans do.

Back